Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Discovery Tools

Khawar Qaisar April 11, 2024

Hi All,

I have been testing the Jira Assets Discovery Tool, i ahev configured all the settings and pattern files for the tool, i also see the Assetts Discovery Tools upload the hardware details in Atlassian Cloud, but after a few days the RUNNING, service turns to NOT FOUND.

After looking through the logs i get the below error.

[Normal] Service restart not possible, please check service restart options

I have looked everywhere online to find an answer regarding this issue but nothing that could help, hence reaching out to the community.

1 answer

0 votes
Volodymyr Batrukh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2024

Hi @Khawar Qaisar 

Have you tried to re-install Discovery service?
Run Discovery.exe -u and Discovery.exe -i

Also, please try to check the status of the service in services.msc

- Volodymyr B.

Khawar Qaisar April 11, 2024

Yes i have re-installed the Jira Discovery using commands -i, -l, -z and the discovery service is showing the below from screenshot.

Untitled.png

Volodymyr Batrukh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2024

@Khawar Qaisar if the service is running, the message "[Normal] Service restart not possible, please check service restart options" means that service auto restart was not performed automatically. This setting is configured in Service tab > Service Restart Interval(h). But in general it shouldn't affect scheduled scan or export jobs.

You can try to change this value and check the logs again later. Also, please check in log file if there were no running scans at the same time. As the active/running scan could block the restart of the service.

Khawar Qaisar April 15, 2024

@Volodymyr Batrukh i have checked the configuration and my Service Restart Interval(h). is set to 24Hrs and only one scan to run at 9am every morning.

Would it be possible to book a call in with your support team.

Volodymyr Batrukh
Atlassian Team
April 15, 2024

Hi @Khawar Qaisar 

please contact Atlassian support via this form - https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ if you need more assistance.

If you are still seeing service restart errors in logs, it worth to check the account under which service is running, check Windows Event logs for more specific errors and/or check if Discovery.exe is not blocked by any other process running while service is going to restart (i.e. scan setting that need to scan the whole internal network and can take few hours to complete).

Regards,
Volodymyr B.

Khawar Qaisar April 15, 2024

I have previsloy used the same link as above to log this issue to speak to your support team, i need to speak to a person on the phone or organise a call if possible.

Khawar Qaisar April 16, 2024

@Volodymyr Batrukh - Could you please let me know, how we can connect for a support call.

Khawar Qaisar April 17, 2024
Bruno Raymundo
Atlassian Team
April 17, 2024

Hi, @Khawar Qaisar!

Our support team will be glad to assist you in a screen-sharing call if necessary. Before we can arrange such a call, however, please ensure you log a support issue (including all relevant information of your problem so far) by going to the URL previously shared by @Volodymyr Batrukh:

This will ensure that the request is routed to the correct team and you have a response promptly.

Cheers,

Bruno

@Bruno Raymundo i have gone to above link and tried to create another support ticket but keeps taking me back to the main page for Community, the reference for the case is the same as above and nothing has changed.

Untitled1.png

Issue logging a support request

Bruno Raymundo
Atlassian Team
April 17, 2024

Did you try adding your SEN instead of the URL in the relevant field? Do you see the same error message? You can check this page if you're unsure where to find your SEN.

@Bruno Raymundo request submitted

Do you know when i could get some phone support?

Bruno Raymundo
Atlassian Team
April 17, 2024

Glad to hear you were able to proceed! A member of our support team will be assigned to your issue soon and reach out.

Khawar Qaisar April 25, 2024

Hi Team,

We have not bene getting the support we have requested for, and nobody is willing to either schedule a call or arrange a meeting, i keep getting told to log individual tickets for the same issue.

We are currently have project deliverables which are nopt being met due to a lack of support from your own product.

Could we escalate this issue to an account manager or line manager.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events