Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associate different Issue type in same schema error

S October 20, 2020

Hi,

I’m having a very unusual issue

Current implementation

• Created 2 different types of issues that can be raised by users
  • Defined different screens to capture these details
  • 1st Issue type is already associated with WF (WF1) and its running fine.

Issue

• When I assign the 2nd issue type to its workflow (WF2) and publish I get error messages

MSG details

Step 1 of 2: The current status of each issue needs to be changed so that it is compatible with the new workflows.

Notes / Obeservation

- Its trying to link WF2 to WF1 – Not sure why…

- Both these workflows are in WF same schema… should they be different?

WF.png

2 answers

0 votes
Luc Noppen April 12, 2023

I had a project in the project trash that also used the same workflow scheme. After removing it immediately instead of waiting for 60 days the migration of the issues from the old workflow to the new workflow was executed without an error message. No longer "The current status of each issue needs to be changed so that it is compatible with the new workflows."

So, perhaps check if there are no projects in the trash using the same workflow scheme.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2020

It is not "trying to link wf2 to wf1", it is trying to migrate the data.

Imagine you currently have a single workflow in your scheme mapped to all issues by default (or even explicitly saying Bug: wf1, and Feature: wf1)

wf1:  Open -> in progress -> done

Now imagine you create 6 issues, three Bugs, and three Feautures, progressing some of them through their flows, so you now have a Bug and a Feature in each status.

Now create:

wf2:  New -> in progress -> closed

Then associate that new workflow with Bugs.  Jira needs you to tell it what status the Bugs should be in in their new workflow.  The Bug workflow does not have "Open" or "done", so you are going to have to migrate two of your existing Bugs to fit with New and Closed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events