Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning issues to other users

Roderick Vogel November 10, 2020

On a project I want 2 (let's call them User A & B) users to be able to assign (and move) issues to other people. 

I have 1 user (User C) who can already do this, and I gave the exact same permissions to the other users (A & B) aswell, however the button to assign just won't show up. 

They are all added to the correct "Group" (CV-Worker) who are allowed to "Assign issues" permission to others, and later as a back-up I now added the 2 users separately as "Single User" to the permission "Assign issues" 

It is not a Service Desk project, User C does not have a Service Desk license and they don't need one.

Anyone know the answer? Been having trouble with this one for some weeks now.

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2020

Hi @Roderick Vogel ,

This is hard to diagnose based on your description alone. Have your tried the permission helper to assess what may be going on here?

There are a few ways to go to Permission Helper:

• Open an Issue and then go to Admin, on the right top of the page, and then click on Permission Helper.
  • Click in Jira's logo > Settings > System > Permission Helper.
  • You can also click in a blank space in the Jira's Page and double-click G in the keyboard, it will open a Find Action box where you can find for any feature in Jira, e.g. 'Permission Helper'.

It may give you a good indication of the problem at hand. 

PS: as you mention the issue is not related to Jira Service Management, I have removed those category tags.

Roderick Vogel November 12, 2020

Hi @Walter Buggenhout   (going by your name I assume you are Dutch or Flemish so you should understand the images I added)

On the images I added you can see they are able to "assign issues" to other users. Red & Green are users A & B, who aren't able to do this, Blue is user C who is able to do this.

I could try and re-add them to the group, delete them from the "Single user" and maybe re-add them to "Single user" again.

Blue.PNGGreen.PNGRed.PNG

Roderick Vogel November 16, 2020

Hi, @Walter Buggenhout 

I would love to hear your opinion on this one!

Kind regards,

Roderick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events