Assigning internal company email groups to organizations

Jin Kim July 24, 2020

Hi esteemed members - I was wondering if there is a solution to another auto-sharing challenge.

My team at my firm is using JSD Server to help service many other groups that are only within the firm.  No request from the outside can be made by design.

Most of the tickets we receive come from emails where the reporter will often cc his/her email group on the thread.  Please note the reporter can exist in several email groups, and is capable of knowing which email group to include in the request.  In addition as these are all internal email groups, all of them will have the same email domain. 

In order to have the rest of the members in the email group provisioned to view the ticket, we have created organizations that represent each of these internal email groups using the same naming convention as the email group itself.  Afterwards, as agents we would manually share the ticket with the appropriate organization based on the email group in the ticket.

I am wondering if there is a better way to do this naturally in JSD.  i.e. if I could associate our internal email groups to organizations and it would automatically share with the organization upon ticket receipt?

I can probably script up a process up that leverages the Automation plugin to do this, but checking to see if there any alternatives first.

Much appreciated

1 answer

0 votes
Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 28, 2020

Tinker for JSD might helpful in associating user groups with customer organizations, where user groups and organization will be synced all the time.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222917/tinker-for-jsd?hosting=server&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events