Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignee not getting email notifications when a customer comments

Abeer Thomson August 12, 2020

Hi, 

When a customer comments in a Jira Service Desk ticket, the current assignee is not receiving an email notification. The JIRA Service Desk project is assigned to the Default Notification scheme which has the issue comment event set up for current assignee. Is there another setting we should be looking at for this? This is a global issue across everyone who has permissions to Jira Service Desk.

Attaching screenshots of the settings in the comments.

1 answer

0 votes
Abeer Thomson August 12, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 1.34.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-12 at 1.34.43 PM.png

Kevin August 13, 2020

I'm not 100% sure about this but I think there are 2 notification levels:

- Atlassian (Organisation wide)

- Project (Service Desk)

Your screenshots show the Atlassian admin page which handels the general notifications for all account and personal matters.

But inside the service desk in the project settings are also notification settings and these are the ones I use and they seem to work for all issue/service desk related notifications.

Abeer Thomson August 13, 2020

This is what the notification settings look like under our service desk project. Am I missing something here? Just seems so odd since it all looks to be set up correctly.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 9.57.53 AM.png

Kevin August 13, 2020

Sorry, forget what I said beforhand. I missread it as, the customer gets no mail but you are talking about the assignee.

Well the only things that come to mind are:

- Are the email adresses of the workers set up correctly?

- Does maybe block your company's firewall atlassian emails as spam or the like?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events