Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignee in SD projects - how to consider workload when everything is assigned internally

Per-Åge Themte March 17, 2020

Hi,

We're a consulting company with 180+ consultants/developers using Jira SW for most of our customers (+600 users). They each have +1 projects where they report change requests, service requests and incidents. For most of our customers, Jira SW works best, but we now have a few new customers where we see the absolute need for Jira SD, mostly for the sake of SLA reporting. 

To monitor workload, reporting and to get a picture of issues per consultants, team etc, we're using the assignee and assignee group throughout the whole organization, i.e "if you're assigned to an issue, it's your responsibility and your move".

As I understand, this is impossible with Jira SD as the customer cannot be an assignee. I understand we're suppose to use statuses, but as our workflows have 10-15% statuses that is on the customer's side, and this will make the reporting a bit tedious. 

Example of consultant statuses (change req):

- Open, in design, in development, code review, ready for deployment + +

Example of customer statuses:

- Waiting for customer, In QA, awaiting estimate approval, awaiting deployment approval + +

I know we could re-assign the issue to a dummy user when the issue is at the customer side, but as far as I know, there's no way to then assign it back to the "last consultant"..

Any suggestion on how not to re-arrange all our reporting and ways of working?

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events