Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigned to my group - custom JQL function

Marjan Posedi May 31, 2022

Assignment group insight custom field has been added for the purpose to be able to assign issue to a group. Available assignment groups (insight objects/attributes) can be arbitrarily filtered (limited "dropdown" list) according to the type of issue or any other issue field value (Service, Category, Area, Location, etc.). Related insight object (Group) also contains Group Members attribute that is populated from JIRA user directory. Members of selected group are automatically copied to Assignment group members issue custom field (listener) whenever issue Assignment group changes. They become directly available in the issue record and are, f.e. used to limit Assignee selection (permissions: Assignable user - User custom field value = Assignment group members). All this works fine.

Now ... I would need a query (optional, custom JQL function) to return Issues assigned to my group ... assigned to group(s) in which I, as a logged in user, am a member of. Since members are already copied in issue, the query could look something like:

loggedInUser() IN "Assignment group members"

How can I do that ... custom JQL function ... other solution?

... I learn Groovy from examples, error messages and mistakes ...

Regards, Marjan

2 answers

0 votes
Sena Demir _ALMBASE_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 7, 2023

Hello Marjan, 

I can suggest trying the GO! JQL: Essential JQL Functions app. Here is the document about groups functions: https://almbase.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/MDOC/pages/4100555542/Groups+JQL+functions

Let me know if you need any assistance. 

0 votes
Marjan Posedi May 31, 2022

After some testing ... I tried to get a list of Groups for loggedInUser and compare it to issue.AssignmentGroup, which should be ok:  cf[12345] in myAssignmentGroups()

But ... custom JQL function (getValue) returns a list of values: [group1(key1), group2(key2)] 

This list can not be used since expected list is ("group1(key1)", "group2(key2)")

Any suggestion?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events