cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign reporter based on description

Todor Yankov January 5, 2021

Hi there,

We use Jira Service Management on prem.
When people receive a phish email and they report it we receive a ticket. The reporter of this ticket is a generic and we manually change it to the actual reporter of the phish. 
The actual reported in only mentioned in the Description of the ticket so i can looking for a way to grab this information and copy it to the Reporter field.

Is there existing Automation i can use or i need to look for a 3rd party add-on?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Benz Kek _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Hi Todor, you can do this using ScriptRunner's Script Listener (custom listener): 

Using this, you can get the issue description to filter it as String and assign the issue to someone. 

To get you started, you can try out the tutorial: Listener Tutorial 

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

Hi @Todor Yankov 

With an automation made with ScriptRunner you could do what you need and many more things

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820/scriptrunner-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Cheers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events