Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Assign reporter based on description

Hi there,

We use Jira Service Management on prem.
When people receive a phish email and they report it we receive a ticket. The reporter of this ticket is a generic and we manually change it to the actual reporter of the phish. 
The actual reported in only mentioned in the Description of the ticket so i can looking for a way to grab this information and copy it to the Reporter field.

Is there existing Automation i can use or i need to look for a 3rd party add-on?

Thanks

2 answers

Hi Todor, you can do this using ScriptRunner's Script Listener (custom listener): 

Using this, you can get the issue description to filter it as String and assign the issue to someone. 

To get you started, you can try out the tutorial: Listener Tutorial 

0 votes
Vero Rivas Community Leader Jan 05, 2021

Hi @Todor Yankov 

With an automation made with ScriptRunner you could do what you need and many more things

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820/scriptrunner-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Cheers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Security Advisory for Jira Service Management

On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link.  We've seen a number of questions already asking for...

164 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you