Assign components to request types

Julia Rogmann July 27, 2020

I would like to assign different components to different request types within one project. Is that possible?

2 answers

0 votes

Unfortunately, neither of these works.
I work with the service desk template. And I create components. And when a user selects a request type, all components are automatically suggested. But I want him to see the components for each request type before he creates a ticket.

Taj Zaid July 7, 2023

hello julia , have you managed to find a solution for this ?

i am thinking of creating separate " custom fields"  for each request  and map it accordingly 

please let me know your thoughts

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2023

Hi Taj,

There are 2 possible solutions... see below:

1. Create an automation to set the component on create

2. Add Component as a hidden field on request form and default it to the request name.

Like Sam Nadarajan likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2020

Hi Julia, welcome to the Community. Do you wish to automatically assign Components to issues based upon type or do you wish to restrict available components by type? The former could be done using Automation for every issue created. The later is not possible.

Hi Jack, ok i understand. I will search how to automate the components. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2020

You can use Automation- project > project settings > automation that looks something like this...

when - Issue created

conditions - JQL “Issuetype = xxx”

action - set issue field Components = 123

Ahh perfect, easy! Thank you!

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2020

HI Julia,

You can also add components to your create screen.  Then in the request type fields you can make the component field "hidden" and assign a value to it.

Susan

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events