Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As new ITSM incidents are first assigned, notifications indicate I (Project Lead) changed status.

kenb May 6, 2021

I am the Project Lead for an ITSM project.

The email sent to customers when the ticket is first updated indicates I have made the status change. This is true for any of my agents who update an incident.

I looked at the notification template and do not see a variable for this to remove.

How do I make it stop?

Thanks.

Ken

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2021

Hello Ken,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When new Jira Service Management projects are created, some automation rules are also created by default (Legacy automation).

One of the automation rules has the functionality to automatically update the status once a comment is added, for example, when a customer adds a comment, it will be automatically transitioned to “Waiting for support”.

The automation rules must run on behalf of someone, and by default, is the Project Lead, that why if an agent or a customer adds a comment, the status will change and it will show that you made the change.

Please, go to Project settings > Automation > Legacy automation and select the “Comment updates reply status” rule. On the top right, click on Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 17.05.03.png and change it to “User who triggered the rule” > Save.

Also, on the main page, there is an option to change the user, but in this case, it will be necessary to select another user that is a project administrator.

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 17.06.43.png

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please, let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events