Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we able to add more than one assignee to a Issue work order?

Wendy Lopez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 16, 2022

I have a team that i would like to have added as an assignee to an issue or wrk order. Is this possible? Is there a way to have that team only see Issues that they are assigned to not everyones? 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

Hi @Wendy Lopez 

Welcome to the community.

You cannot add multiple assignees to a ticket. Instead you can create a group picker custom field and map to the project screens

i.e.

1. Create  group picker(single group) custom field and name like "Assignee group".
Admin Settings --> Custom Fields --> Create custom field

2. Add the custom field for related project issue type screens where required.
You can find them in Project settings -->Screens --> select the Issue type and add created field in Create Issue, Edit Issue and View Issue screens

3. You can then use JQL to filter the tickets
Example: Assignee group = "IT Hardware group" and status != Resolved

4. You can add Issue security to limit what a user can see as mentioned by @Mikael Sandberg 

Please note: Before creating custom field, identify the required users and create user groups accordingly.

Wendy Lopez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 16, 2022

Thank you Rilwan very helpful.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

Hi @Wendy Lopez,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

By default you can only have one assignee on an issue. You could create a custom field and add additional assignees, or use sub-tasks.

You can set up issue security to limit what a user can see, including only allow them to see issues that they are assigned to. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events