Approve ticket with Automation for Jira

Urmo Luts November 5, 2021

Hi

I have question that i build automation when issue commented (ETI sends out email to approvers that they replay to ticket YES or NO.) and when automation run, then it should change ticket status.

Right now i build with {{issue.comments.last.body}} contains YES then transition the issue to..

Right now seems to be, that it does not work. How i should solve this need in best way?

1 comment

Lisa Grau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2021

Hi @Urmo Luts , welcome to the community!

Why don't you let them approve the requests in the email itself?

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/manage-settings-for-approval-by-email/

Hi

Because users dont visit portal and this would be simple alternative that they get email and just answer one or another word.

BTW, this is right now my forth Atlassian community account :D I have reported it to Atlassian to merge all accounts to one.

Urmo

Lisa Grau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2021

Oh, okay!

Since (I think) august 2021, it is possible to approve or decline requests even without a Jira license. That shouldn't be a problem anymore. :)

But back to your automation: Could you provide a screenshot of your automation?

Capture.PNG

Right now it is so but it does not change transition.

Lisa Grau
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2021

I tried to build the same rule as you did (except that I used a manual trigger). It somehow works fine for me - what does the Audit Log say?

Does your workflow allow the transition?

Urmo Luts November 8, 2021

Hi

i notice, that there was some contitions what i did not notice first time.

Issue transition will be blocked if there is a pending approval.

But now i have next question. How i should write to email approve or decline so if they use Approve or Decline, it will work same. Right now i tested but it did not understand if i write into Automation for Jira approve and into email Approve.

Also i understand that i should add somehow value issue.comments.last.body from Approvers (to make sure that approver is same ho will get approve email).

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events