Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Workflows

Peter Aldana March 22, 2023

So I am setting up our service management. I am trying to create a new workflow for approval in needed. I know in one of my past companies we had it where we had 2 workflows, the normal request workflow and then an approval workflow. When someone submitted a ticket we could move it to the approval workflow and add an approver, for some reason its not working for me. When I move it to the approval workflow it doesn't add an approver or when we do add an approver it doesnt send it to the approver. 

Does anyone know how the workflow should be set up?

3 answers

0 votes
Peter Aldana March 23, 2023

Hi @John Funk 

Thank you for responding so i attached thew workflows that we have. One that is just for a regular request and one for an approval one. 

So my question is that when i move a ticket to the approval workflow it does not go through with the approval workflow. We dont get sent the approve message for the approver

so I am not sure if its just the way my workflow is set up 

0 votes
Peter Aldana March 23, 2023

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 1.36.52 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-23 at 1.37.07 PM.png

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Hi Peter - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you provide some more details? Maybe a screenshot of your workflow - especially showing the approval details in the workflow. 

Also, what platform are you on? Cloud? DC? Server? 

Finally, how are you populating the Approvers field with values? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023

Hey Peter - please reply inline to my answer so readers can follow a common thread. 

Can you click on the Status that has the approvals attached so we can see what that looks like? 

It should look like the image below. So, click on the Status - the Include approval step. box should be check in the popup to the right. Then click Edit. That will get you to the point like the image below. 

The other thing to check is to go to the Project Settings for the JSM project. Then click on Customer Notifications on the left menu. Check to see if the Enable is turned on for Approval required. 

Screenshot.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events