cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Setup

iaRmAi Gaming
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 11, 2023

Im using a JIRA 9.6 version and was wondering how could i add the approval process in the workflow? is there anything i need to do first?

2 answers

1 vote
Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2023

Hi @iaRmAi Gaming 

There is no out of the box solution to setup approval process in jira software unlike jira service management. What you'll have to do as a workaround is use workflow & automation for jira to set it up.

I would create a In Approval status in workflow & put a user condition in transition so that only specified Approver can transition (Approve) issue to the next status. I'll use a custom user field Approver which would be set as an approver in In Approval status. Then I'll setup automation to send notification to the Approver when the issue goes into In Approval status, that the issue needs their approval.

Hope this helps.

iaRmAi Gaming
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 12, 2023

is it possible for your to create a workflow and share it that simulating what have you discussed on above thread?

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2023

Hi @iaRmAi Gaming  and welcome,

my suggestion is to take a look to the following documentation https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-an-approval-stage-for-a-request/

If you need some out of the box feature, please take a look to the following app https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211763/herzum-approval?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events