Anonymization options in Jira Service Management

Morten Dieckmann-Keden April 24, 2023

Hello,

we are currently looking at the possibility of using Jira Service Management in the Data Center version.
On the topic of data protection, we would like to know if, instead of a deletion concept, there is also a way to anonymize user data in the event of an employee leaving.
In our case, the employee data should be blocked for 3 years and then completely anonymized.
This should be able to be done manually

Is it possible to realize this?

Many thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Hi @Morten Dieckmann-Keden 

You can anonymize users in Jira to hide or delete any data that can identify them. I would suggest you to go through Anonymizing users to understand what is in scope and what are the limitations of anonymization process. Hope this helps.

Morten Dieckmann-Keden April 25, 2023

Hello @Kishan Sharma

thank you for your response.

I have already read the the article.

What I would like to know is, isn't it possible to anonymize Users so that the are not shown in the comment section anymore?

And the third picture (after screenshot) should show the anonymized user right? It is not shown in the picture.

Do you know how this would look like?

Furthermore do you know have some more information about anonymizing users?

Thanks in Advance.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Hi @Morten Dieckmann-Keden 

As per the article the comment will remain in Jira, however who did the comment will be completely anonymized and will still be shown with some anonymous alias

You are right, the third screenshot in that table (User Profile/After) is incorrect as its not showing anonymized user details from User Management screen. I have provided feedback about that article to correct it.

Currently, I don't have any test data center environment with me now to see how it looks like after anonymizing the user, but If you have one, I would suggest you test it by creating a local user and some comments to issues and then anonymize it.

I personally haven't worked on such use case before. Hopefully, some other community leaders/members can pitch in and share their experience. Furthermore, you can also raise a ticket with Atlassian Support for more insights on this process.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events