cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow users to create ticket as anonymous

Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2022

Hi Guys,

We have a request type called Suggestion & we would like users to be able to submit it as an anonymous users, is there a way to do it somehow ?

If yes, please help with the information or some workaround to achieve it.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

There is a way to do this, but this is a global setting that will apply to all other Jira Service Management projects.

Just go to the product's general settings and check the highlighted option:

43.PNG

Direct link: https://YOUR_SITE_URL/jira/settings/products/servicedesk/customer-access

If you don't want to risk all JSM projects having anonymous requests, you can keep this option checked in the general settings of the product:

44.PNG

Go to the project settings, in "Customer permissions" and leave this option checked.

45.PNG

This is the most recommended. Customers will each be able to create their own accounts to open tickets on this project's portal, it will not be anonymous, but these are the options available for this.

Regards,

Fernando

Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2022

Hi @Fernando Eugênio da Silva 

Thanks for the suggestion, however, I need this to be  for specific project & specific request type only, I dont want to make this available for all the project.

Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2022

@Vishal 

In this case, for a specific request type in your project, I believe you can only get this feature through some app.

I don't know exactly, but I believe that Refined for Jira Cloud (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218481/refined-for-jira-cloud?hosting=cloud&tab=overview) can help. Take a look at his documentation.

If this is not enough, explore other options through the marketplace

Like Vishal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events