Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Portal Access without logging in

Catherine Aldrich August 9, 2018

Is there a way to allow users to create a request without logging in/creating an account? We have the customer permissions set to "Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal", yet it requires an account. Are we missing a setting or are accounts required even with this permission set?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2018

@Catherine Aldrich, this question has been asked and answered many times w/in the Community. You can search and find them or look to the bottom left of this page under Related Content for a sample. Basically the answer is no, Jira requires a user to be the reporter. But I recommend you read some of the existing answers to get a better understanding.

Catherine Aldrich August 10, 2018

FYI, I did search the forum before posting my comment, and I read several of the results.  None really clarified what I was asking.  I hesitate to post anything after getting a response like this.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2018

@Catherine Aldrich, my sincerest apology. It was certainly not my intention for my response to be curt or otherwise off-putting. Clearly it was taken that way so I extend this apology. Certainly don't let this singular experience deter you from continuing to use the Community as there are excellent resources here that are always willing to assist.

Cheers

0 votes
Chelsea Lasko August 21, 2018

@Catherine Aldrich were you ever given a proper answer? I have a similar question for Confluence where I'd like people in my organization to be able to approve requirements without having to have a license. 

Any help is appreciated! 

Catherine Aldrich August 22, 2018

@Chelsea Lasko, as for Jira and Jira components like service desk, an account is required.  The more I thought about it, the more it makes sense, so anonymous people cannot open requests - that could flood the server with spam.  I'm not sure about confluence (although we do use that product also).  I know you can set pages in Confluence so that anonymous users can see them, but I don't believe there is a setting to allow anyone to make changes.  With confluence, however, you can set various permissions for groups, individual users, etc.  We use it in conjunction with Crowd, so we have groups set up in Crowd for all developers, for example, and then we can set restrictions on certain pages so that developers have the ability to modify them, but they have to be a user. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events