I have recently setup JIRA service desk for our organization.
Just wanted to check if I understand the user types correctly-
1. Customers are free and do no consume a license
2. Agents can be invited to the project and consume a license, I have added few (admins also consume agent license)
3. I have added few collaborators. I created a group, added few users and assigned that group to few tasks (comment, edit comment etc) in service desk project permissions page. The collaborators won't consume license
Is this correct understanding? Am I missing something?
Hi @Gurpreet Singh , welcome to the Community!
Everything you've outlined is right. I'll just add a little more context and note that collaborators do use a Jira license (either Jira Core or Jira Software) - they just won't use one of your JSM agent licenses. They will be able to comment as you mentioned, but they won't have access to the Queues or other agent-centric functions in your JSM projects. To the collaborators, the JSM projects will act like other Business or Software projects.
Hi Daniel, thanks for quick response.
Two more question,
1. In the project>permission settings, I added the collaborators group to few items. I have added them to one task by mistake. How can I remove them from that task?
2. I have not given collaborators group the produce access (because If I give, they are counted towards agent license). Can they still work on the issues based on the permissions I set in project>Permissions?
1. In the upper right of the Permissions page, there should be an Actions > Edit permissions option. Once you're editing, a Remove button should be available for each member (group, role, etc.) of a permission you want to remove.
2. Yes, they'll have the other permissions (assign issues, transition issues, etc) listed on the permissions page.
Hi Everyone, In this tutorial, we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached. SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events