Agent cannot change reporter

Asher Francis September 30, 2020

Hi 

I have an agent who cannot change the reporter of an issue. I have checked the following:

1. The user is a member of the "jira-servicedesk-users" group

2. The "jira-servicedesk-users" group is added under the Service Desk Team project role

3. In the project Permissions, the "Service Desk Team" project role has the "Modify reporter" permission

4. If I change the Agent to a site admin, they can modify the reporter

I have several other agents set up this way with no problem. 

The only differences are that this user was created before we switched on user provisioning and used to be a site admin during the implementation phase.

I've tried:

1. Removing their product/group access and re-adding them

2. Adding them manually to the Service Desk Team role as an individual user

We've just gone live today so any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2020

@Asher Francis 

Agent  need to have the "modify reporter" permission in the project permission scheme.

also he/she  need to have "browse users" permission in the global permissions so that you can see other people and assign to them.

Can you check if browse user permission is given to agent?

Asher Francis September 30, 2020

Thanks Fahad, the global permission was the issue. For some reason "jira-servicedesk-users" did not have the Browse Users and Groups global permission

Like # people like this
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2020

You are more than welcome @Asher Francis 

Sajid Ahmed November 16, 2023

Thanks @Fahad .. your solution just helped me today!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events