Agent can't see queue

Gui Ávila November 3, 2020

Hi,

I added a agent in JSD project, but in her screen the queues does not appear. This is the screenshot. The option is only "Issues and filters".

Why the queues appear only for me? This is what I see.

Thanks a lot.

Gui.

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gui Ávila November 4, 2020

Thanks @Ansar Rezaei @Jack Brickey . That was the problem. I can't believe I did not give access to the app. That was it, thanks.

But by the way, if a user is added as a role in JSD, they should automatically have access to the application, right? Does not make sense. Well, never mind... problem solved. Thanks!

Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2020

No, it's not. The application access is what's Atlassian used for counting your instance user base toward its license. This is the administration tasks and held by Jira Administrators. Adding People to projects can be done by Project Admins, and in most cases, they are not aware of if there are any free slots or not.

I use this analogy in my courses and students get my idea better. I hope it makes sense for you :-))
Application Access = Building Entrance Key

Project Access = Apartment Entrance Key

Before you enter the building, You can't enter your apartment

Like Gui Ávila likes this
Gui Ávila November 10, 2020

Yes, awesome analogy. Thanks @Ansar Rezaei !

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2020

She should be added to the Service Desk Team In your project:

image.png

Before this, she should have access to the Jira Service Desk. You can check this by going to User Management:

image.png

And check if her user has access to Jira Servicedesk or not.

image.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2020

are you sure they are an agent? please check here to see if Jira Service Desk access is enabled - admin > User management, search for the user and click view details.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events