Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affected Services field on Jira Dashboards

Ken Young April 14, 2021

I am looking to determine how to show the "Effected Services" information in a Jira Dashboard, specifically in the  in a Filters gadget.  I am able to see the information on the individual tickets, but not in the dashboard view (assuming because it is a multi-option in JSM/OpsGenie.

2 answers

5 votes
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 25, 2022

Hi @Ken Young,

I understand your problem, we hope Jira addresses this sometime in the future. In the meantime, you might be pleased to hear that we provide a commercial app that supports it.

Dashboard Hub for Jira allows you to build customized dashboards and reports. You can easily add the "Affected Services" field thanks to the JQL Custom Charts gadget, and display it in the dashboard view by means of Pie, Bar, Tile, Line charts, ... Whatever suits you best.

Screenshot 2022-03-24 at 13.27.16.png

You can give it a try for free and see if it helps you :)

Best,

Iván

Ollie Peacey February 14, 2023

Hi @Ivan Garcia _Appfire_, is there an update on this? Or perhaps a ticket where the work can be tracked?

Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 14, 2023

Hi @Ollie Peacey I don't work at Atlassian, but you could look for tickets referring to 'Affected Services' here 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/API-399?jql=text%20~%20%22affected%20services%22

Like Ollie Peacey likes this
0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2021

Hi @Ken Young 

For gadgets it is necessary to use filters, maybe first make a filter with all the information you need and then with a gadget or several you can visualize what interests you

Cheers

Ken Young April 14, 2021

Hi Vero.  Thx for the reply.  I have already created the filter in JQL , but the information doesn't display.   Is that information in some other location (I don't think JQL has the concept of a join), or I have to use IDL or something newer.

Ken Young April 20, 2021

Unfortunately this seems like an issue that will require development.   I have upvoted issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9768 as this doesn't seem to be a current capability.  Would like to know if others this this would be helpful. 

Jeret Shuck August 23, 2021

Thanks for the thread @Ken Young I'm also looking to achieve something similar.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events