Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise Scriptrunner and Groovy Courses for Jira Administrators

Gor Greyan April 17, 2024

Dear colleagues,

Please advise the best courses to take about Scriptrunner and Groovy for Jira Administrators. Also, another course, that will help to automate different things in Jira.
Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi @Gor Greyan

You can refer to the ScriptRunner Documentation on how to connect to an LDAP Connection, perform LDAP Customizations, and also how to make use of the LDAP Picker.

I hope this helps to answer your question. :-)

Thank you and Kind regards,
Ram

Gor Greyan April 18, 2024

Hi @Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_

Thanks for the provided resources.
My issue is that I want to learn from 0, what is LDAP, how it is being used in Jira also the same for Scritrunner. I need to learn basic scripting, in order to imagine documentation, but I don't know from where to start.

Sean Chua _Adaptavist_ April 18, 2024

@Gor Greyan ,

For ScriptRunner basics from 0, I would recommend to start here : Getting Started which would lead to our document pages etc.

Then, start checking out;

Don't be shy to check out our ScriptRunner Blogs for ideas and more samples of what can be done. 

Hope that helps!
Sean

Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi @Gor Greyan

If you are a novice in Groovy, I suggest, you start at the very basics.

Before getting your hands dirty in Groovy, it would be best to get a good understanding on Java, as Groovy runs on top of Java's Virtual Machine.

To start off on Java, please use the Java Tutorial Documentation, it's simple and very easy to understand.

Next, once you have an understanding of Object-Oriented programming and Java, you can refer to this Groovy tutorial.

In regards to LDAP, if you want to get a basic understanding of its concept, this documentation is a good starting point.

Following which, you can refer to the  ScriptRunner Documentation on how to connect to an LDAP Connection, perform LDAP Customizations, and also how to make use of the LDAP Picker.

If you prefer to go through training videos, you can find many on YouTube. For example.

1. Groovy Tutorial For Beginners - YouTube

2. What is LDAP and Active Directory

I hope this helps. :-)

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

0 votes
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2024

hello @Gor Greyan ~ I found this one to be very helpful:  https://www.udemy.com/course/groovy-step-by-step-for-beginners/ 

Gor Greyan April 17, 2024

Dear Laurie, 
Thanks for the answer. And could you advise also for Scriptrunner and LDAP queries, if you know?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events