Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Insight schema set up

Wim Abts October 5, 2021

Hi, 

I would appreciate some help on creating an Insight Object Schema.

We would like to register all technical info of our customers in Insight.

We make and sell software for hospitals and would have the following structure in Insight:

- Customer object type with some general info

- CustomerServer object type: info on servers  at the customer site (one of the attributes is 'Customer' so that we can isolate all servers for a customer)

- CustomerApplication Object type: all the applications the customer has installed (one of the attributes is 'Customer'

- CustomerEnvironment Object type: every application can have a production, test, ... environment,

--> one of the attributes is 'CustomerApplication' 

--> other attribute is the environment (PRD, TST, ..)

--> other attribute is the server(s) that are used on this environment (object type CustomerServer, multiple values possible)

I would like now to limit the possible selectable Servers in 'CustomerEnvironment' to the servers for that Customer (but the Customer attribute is not available on that level, only one level up on the related CustomerApplication).

How can this be done? Is it even possible?

Is there another way to structure the info to make this work?

All help or advice is appreciated!

Data Schema is attached...

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2021

Hi @Wim Abts

I would love to help here. This is definitely possible, but would like to see the schema graphically to visualize it better.  Can you put a screenshot?

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events