Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding pop up screen of change password

Nikhil Patil March 3, 2023

As a JIRA administrator we create a new user in JIRA & share username and password with them. As soon as the user login for the first time with their credentials can it be possible to add a pop up screen of change password, so that the user can set a new password ?

In JIRA we are having 2 nodes & using the load balancer to redirect the tickets. If one of the nodes goes down or we are performing full re-indexing on one node and if user uses SAML to login in JIRA so on which node do the user get redirected ?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2023

@Nikhil Patil 

You would need to use an app from the Atlassian marketplace to force the user to change their password on login.  I believe Deviniti makes one for advance password management.

If you are running Jira data center then it will push users to the node that is active.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katarzyna Szumilas_Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 4, 2023

Hi @Nikhil Patil

Unfortunately, according to my best knowledge, this can not be achieved using the built-in Jira password policy.
However, as @Brant Schroeder rightly mentioned (many thanks for that), the company I'm working for develops an add-on called Advanced Password Policy (for Jira and Confluence).

The app can be used to require new users to change passwords on the first login and can be enabled also on Customer Portal. 
What is more, it lets you create your own password requirements, with custom complexity, uniqueness, and expiration settings, and send customizable notifications that can be translated into any language.

If that sounds like a solution for you, feel free to try the app for free or book a free demo session via Calendly.

Best regards,
Kasia from Deviniti

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events