Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding one user to a notification scheme for one project

Jim Stewart October 27, 2020

I believe that I have a reasonably good understanding of schemes. But I have spent about 1/2 hour trying to add one assignee to one project and no matter what I do I wind up adding a user to ALL notification schemes. Put simply, all I want to do is this:

I have three projects, one called IT service desk. I want all notifications for new issues to go to one user, Mary Smith. That's it. I do not want any notifications for any other issues for any other project to go to her. But I cannot seem to find the sequence of steps to allow me to make that one change to that one notification scheme in that one project. If I can get this, I should be able to do it for the rest. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2020

Hi @Jim Stewart 

Welcome to community! Assuming you're already using a single notification scheme per project, you should change all event to point to that user. e.g. Issue Created -> Single User (Mary Smith), remove every other  Notification action from that event. Then on the other project ensure the user doesn't have "browse project" permission.

if you want the user to see the project issue but not receive a single notification, then you will need to adjust the notification scheme for the other 2 projects for all events  and remove all notifications actions such as "All Watcher" then switch to using project roles to target specific users; which is the best way to go about it.

I think part of the problem is that I cannot see what notification schemes are attached to that particular project. 

Ok. To my own surprise, I got this to work. I could never seem to figure out which schemes were associated with my project. I always seemed to stumble onto the list of all schemes for all projects and any change there would change notifications for all. So I made a copy of the default notification scheme into my project, modified it and it worked. Is that the right procedure or do I just not know how to find the schemes for a given project? 

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2020

Hi @Jim Stewart 

Sorry for the late response! Yes, copying the schemes and adjusting it, is the right way to go if you want to use schemes distinctively on different projects. Glad to hear it works. Have a nice day ahead.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events