Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding multiple service projects (and portals) to one Help Center

Will Crum October 13, 2021

We're a B2B software company, and I'm just beginning to set up our Jira Service Management environment —

Due to the nature of our product and clientele, I want to have two separate service projects, so that we can separate IT-oriented and customer-related issues. I have already created two service projects using the two relevant templates provided, ITSM and Customer Service mgmt (see below).Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 2.33.38 PM.png

It was easy to find and customize the Help Center for the service project generated with the Customer Service template. But I can't figure out how to add the portal for my other (ITSM-templated) service project to the same Help Center. So it's currently a help center with only one service project's portal:

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 2.34.01 PM.png

How can I add my other service project's portal so that it is accessible as a separate tile on the same Help Center? There are a number of support articles that indicate this is possible (plus the configuration of the Banc.ly example help center from, screenshotted below), but I can't find any explicit instructions on how to achieve this. Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 2.32.38 PM.png

Perhaps I'm missing something fundamental here. As I write this question, I realize that I can't even tell how users are supposed to submit requests to an ITSM-templated service project — since there's no 'Channels' section in its settings, like there is for Customer Service-templated service projects.

Thanks in advance for your help!

3 answers

2 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

@Will Crum 

Hi Will:

Welcome to the community.  In JSM, when you have multiple projects setup (assuming they are opened to all the users) within the same JSM env, then users will see the tile for each project separately.  Afterward, users can pick the project and access the different request types.  Let me know if you need to lock down access to the different projects, and then I will provide you with the needed setup in the project's Customer Permissions setup.

NOTE - Each project will have a different URL with the same based home URL - example:

https://xxx.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals  (Main Portal)

https://xxx.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals/id1  (project A)

https://xxx.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals/id2  (project B)

You should check your main portal URL and your individual project URLs.  May be you are just accessing the individual project URL?

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hari Prasad April 12, 2022

Hi Joseph,

In your reply you state "Let me know if you need to lock down access to the different projects, and then I will provide you with the needed setup in the project's Customer Permissions setup."

Can you make this information either publicly available or let me know how to contact you to get this information?

Regards,

Hari

mohammed aamer khan August 21, 2022

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin 

Can you help me with 2nd scenario i.e. locking data & the project's customer permissions setup.

Regards,
Aamer

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

@Hari Prasad / @mohammed aamer khan -

Here is how to lock down JSM projects in the CLOUD env from the Portal -

1) Go to your project in question.

2) Click on "Project settings" >> "Customers permissions".

3) Select the option in the image below -

2022-08-22_16-24-08.png

Note, if your project is not JSM typed projects, then it will not be available via the Portal UI.  The portal UI is exclusively to support JSM projects.

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Vedant Kulkarni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2024

If you are under a premium/enterprise plan, you can enroll for the EAP Early Access Program: Multiple Help Centers in JSM - Atlassian Community

0 votes
Federico Scheu June 24, 2022

Hi Will, I've just read your post searching for a different configuration. I believe that your problem is that your project PCS - Pienso Customer Success is not a Service Management project. That's why it doesn't appear in the portal.

Regards,

Fede.-

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events