Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding comment via Project Automation is not triggering email notification

Rich Imbrogno May 3, 2023

Hi. when a comment is manually added on an open service request then an email notification is sent to the reporter (if "share with customer" is selected) the assignee and all Requested participants with the details of the comment added along with a link to the Service Request number.

When I add a comment via project automation it does not launch the same type of email. Is there a way of doing this via a Notifications setting or elsewhere. Basically whenever a comment is added, however it is added, send email.

I know I could simultaneously launch an email as part of the Project Automation rule but hoping I could just use some logic that is already there if it is available

Thanks. 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Hi @Rich Imbrogno 

Do you have "share with customer" visibility set on the automation action?

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 17.35.27.png

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Hello Rich,

Please take a look at @Fazila Ashraf suggestion. By default, the visibility is set to internal only.

If you have set it to "Share with customer" and it still isn't working, please provide screenshots of your automation and possibly your notification scheme so that we can take a better look at what might be going on.

Like Fazila Ashraf likes this

Thanks Paul and Fazila. That option doesn't appear available to me. I am able to enter a comment however the Comment Visibility option doesn't appear (I am using Data Center version) 

I should add that I am adding the comment while creating a subtask. Here is a snapshot.

Adding comment not sending notification.png

1 vote

Instead of adding the comment as part of the sub-task created I've split the process up. I first created the subtask and then followed that up with "Then add comment" and that option allows for the window that you posted. I will try this out and report back if it resolves the issue. Thanks for your initial suggestion

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events