Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add participants from CC - Jira Cloud

helpdesk February 7, 2021

Hello,

How to add automaticly in participants people in CC of mail to ticket ?

Im using Jira Cloud.

Best regards

Mathias

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
helpdesk February 7, 2021

Hi Jack,

I wanted to say to add request participants who are in CC automaticly.

helpdesk February 10, 2021

Someone please I need help.

helpdesk February 10, 2021

@Benjamin Paton 

@Jack Brickey 

there is a way to setup request participants automaticly when I got contacts in CC of mail ?

Benjamin Paton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2021

I just had a look back on this, you need the middle option for Customer Sharing. After you select it, it will provide information which confirms the behaviour you desire.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

True IF those on the CC are not yet customers, I think. In other words, you need to decide if you want to automatically create customers in a project and if so you select - “anyone on the web...” and “Customers can search for other customers within their organizations, or manually enter the email address of other customers within their project”. If you do not want to automatically add customers then - “customers added by agents and admins” and “Customers can search for other customers within their organizations”. The point here is, IMO, the decision to allow new customers to be added ‘uncontrolled’ is the first question you need to answer/decide on, sharing is secondary.

Like Yatish Madhav likes this
helpdesk March 10, 2021

@Benjamin Paton  Thank you for your answer. It works !

the middle option for Customer Sharing: Any Customer, by typing an email address

cc.PNG

@Jack Brickey  Thanks for your help too !

Like Wyatt Best likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

Be aware, if you use Organizations to silo your customers, using the middle option would allow customers in unrelated organizations to add each other. As they type they auto-complete, I believe, will illustrate the customers.

Leon August 3, 2021

can we not allow autocompletion when customers want to share the issue with others?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2021

This should happen by default if you have sharing enabled.

for example...

AB769C48-2B60-4E33-94E9-A20F28E546D0.jpeg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2021

Any Cc users should be added as RP automatically if sharing is configured as mentioned.

Benjamin Paton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2021

This depends on if those users have accounts or are allowed to create accounts. 

In the above screenshot, you need to have project access set to Anyone on the web.

Like Jack Brickey likes this
helpdesk February 8, 2021

j.PNG

people in cc of a mail to ticket are not added in request participants.

so they reply me from their mailbox and it create new ticket for the same issue...

helpdesk February 8, 2021

here that I need:

jj.PNG

helpdesk February 9, 2021

Do you have an idea ?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2021

Did the details that Benjamin and I provided not work? Can you please provide a screenshot of your Customer Permissions?

helpdesk March 10, 2021

Hi Jack,

Now its works :)

ccc.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events