cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add fields to a Request Type that are not on the issue type create screen

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2022

To add a field on a Request Type it also needs to be added to the Create screen of the linked issue type.

This however is not always what I want. I have several "helper" fields that need to be set (either manually or by default value) so they can be read later on either an edit or view screen. (or possibly never thru a screen but merely by script)

Right now the only solution I've found is to

• add the field on the issue create screen
  • add the field on the request type
  • remove the field from the create screen (which keeps it on the request form)

I could of course move all those fields to some tab and group them all together there but that would even mean then that I need to somehow hide them.

Does anybody have some other idea's to do this on both Cloud and DC?

1 answer

1 vote
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2022

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans 

To clarify, are you saying that you have fields you want to present to the customer on the portal, but not to a Jira user if creating from the native Create function within Jira?

Have you considered leveraging the new enhanced forms feature?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2022

Hey @Mark Segall ,

that's pretty much it yeah. Fields that I need to handle for example an automation (meaning I would never show the field) or to be shown on an issue to the Jira user but not on the Create screen.

The new forms feature could be a good one for Cloud already. Excellent idea. They would need get a few more features but indeed that might work there.

For some clients I' still on Server (with hopefully a migration to DC or Cloud) so I don't have the option yet there. For those I'm currently either adding/removing them or throwing them on a tab and hiding that tab with Scriptrunner.

For example I have a Request on the portal which has a question of how many of something they need (devices/accounts/..whatever..)

That Question field (How many do you need: x) will then later be used to make multiple subtasks or even create some kind of related issues process. 

Without hiding that field it would show up on all Service Requests on the Jira user side if they create a Request not on the portal but directly in Jira..

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2022

Yeah the server clients would be a challenge for sure. I think your workaround of removing the field from the create screen after adding to the portal view is brilliant.  I didn't even know you could do that.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2022

Not sure if it's officially supported (and I kinda doubt it) but it works :-D 

Rodolfo Romero - Adaptavist March 18, 2022

In DC, you could also use ScriptRunner Behaviours to hide fields in the create screen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events