Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add existing customer to an organization

Lisa Presley April 3, 2019

How should I go about adding an existing customer to an organization? It appears the previous way to do this no longer works, as you no longer see an option to send or not send an email invitation to the customer when you add them to an organization.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2019

Cloud or server? On cloud if the customer exists in the root level of Customers then you can go into the Organization and add customer within the org.  

Cloud, yes. And you can add the Customer there yes, but there doesn't appear to be any way to do that without sending them a new 'We're adding you to the portal' email.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2019

TBH, I have note tested this in some time but do not recall it sending an email. I assume you have confirmed that it in fact does?

That turned out to be a REALLY good question. It says it will send an email, but if you're entering an existing customer it appears that... it doesn't. Thanks!

Like # people like this
Michael Brown September 17, 2020

That is some GREAT User Experience lol But thanks, this was helpful as I didn't want/need to send an email

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Lisa T_ January 15, 2022

This is helpful to know that it doesn't actually send an email to an existing user that you're adding to an organization.

Wish Atlassian would make that clearer! ... and give us a feature to bulk add existing users rather than typing up user addresses again one at a time - terribly time consuming when there are a lot of customer users!

Like # people like this
Courtney.Zorio May 24, 2023

This was very confusing, thanks for the confirmation that this does indeed work. Next up - the ability to add "user groups" to "organizations" would be great...manually adding 100s of people is ridiculous.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events