Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add custom fields for the organization

Chetan Kudalkar May 10, 2021

I want to add custom field for an organization, I will then relate this field value with our salesforce instance to check if the organization has an active support contract. Currently their is no way by which we can add custom fields at the organization level. Also please let me know if there is any alternative approach by which I can get this working?

2 answers

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Hi @Chetan Kudalkar ,

Unfortunately the organization object in JSM is just to group together customers. There are not attributes or antyhing that you can add to it.

You can either look at an app like Atlas CRM to enrich the data that you hold about customers or since you are on JSM Cloud premium you could also use Insight for it.

If you create an object schema for your CRM data that contains your organizations you could link the support contract to that insight object.

In your issues then you would need to either set the Insight organization field manually or set up an automation to do it based on either the reporter domain or the organization field from the issue. (or some other value of course).

The most cost efficient might be to go with Insight and build your own little CRM schema there which you would then link to the issue.

0 votes
Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Hi @Chetan Kudalkar 

An alternative approach may be using this marketplace app? https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217252/connector-for-salesforce-jsm?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

I haven't actually used it, and I'm not 100% sure on what you're trying to achieve, but that could give you the visibility between the platforms you need.

Cheers

Ash

Chetan Kudalkar May 11, 2021

Hi Pitt,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

We have  set of organizations associated with our products, we provide support to only those customers who have active contract with us.  The organization are also defined on our salesforce instance and each organization has a unique id, via this unique id we fetch the contract details of the customer making an API call. So we want to add an extra field for organization to specify this unique id on Jira so that via API we can fetch the contact record. The link which you shared with me won't help me.

Regards

Chetan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events