Add custom field to email notification

Efren Diaz February 9, 2021

We have several forms with custom fields.  Email notification being sent to creator is very generic.  Must be able to add custom field/value from forms to email ??

1 answer

0 votes
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

Hi @Efren Diaz 

Welcome to the Atlassian community. Which email notifications are you referring to ? Usually you get emails for create/update events. For very specific emails you can make use of automation for jira to send out custom messages

BR

Ajay

I'm referring to the initial email notification when the ticket has been created.  Currently when the person creates the request, an email notification is recieved but its very generic.  We must be able to add some kind of information captured (ie. custom field) in the request to be included in the email. 

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

Ok, got it .. In that case please have a look at some of the automation notification examples which might be of help to you.

I have seen those.  those do not help me.  Is there any way i can do a live chat with someone about additing custom field values in emails notification?

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2021

Custom field names can be obtained by using the rest API 

https://<replace with your instance id>.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/field

Once you have the custom field id, you can refer to the examples provide in Automation for Jira to include the field value in the email template

Hope that helps

Efren Diaz February 11, 2021

I wsa able to figure how to get my customfield_<ID>, but I still can't get it to copy the value from that customID to the "decription" field.

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2021

Hi @Efren Diaz 

Can you try using the below snippet

{{issue.fields."paste your field name here".value}}

When the field is text just omit the .value part...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events