Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add all emailers as request participants automatically

Rishabh Karanth December 24, 2021

Hi folks, sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find something that matched this situation.

We're running JSD 4.13.9 and interact primarily via email and not via the portal. All of our customer email addresses are forward to a different email of their choosing, from which they can respond from. When they respond from this different email a "No access to request" label is shown next to the user (as expected). 

The main problem is if they CC someone from this "different" email who is also not a customer, that person does not get added to the request as a request participant which is what I want to change. The original way I wanted to tackle this was to just add any email as a request participant, but I didn't get far in the automation rules. Any ideas on how to implement this? 

1 answer

1 vote
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2021

How are your portal permissions configured?  Are the users who are added as a CC already customers in the portal? 

Rishabh Karanth January 8, 2022

I'm sorry for the late response on my end.

How are your portal permissions configured? 

• Public email comments are allowed
  • Public signup is allowed, and customer accounts can be created via CC.
  • Anyone can email/raise a request
  • Customers can share requests with anyone

I hope that covered what you meant, if not I apologize!

Are the users who are added as a CC already customers in the portal?

In this scenario, not initially. However, due to our permissions when they are CCed they have an account created. However this doesn't change anything because the sender isn't the same email as a request participant/reporter, therefore it seems they can't add the person they CCed even if they're both customers.

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2022

That's a bit tricky, I don't have a solution for you unfortunately.  What plugins do you have installed in your instance?  We might be able to utilize one of them.

Rishabh Karanth January 12, 2022

Unfortunate :(

Currently the only plugin that seems potentially relevant is the JSU automation suite. I'm trying to see if there's something I can do here at all. I'm also open to installing different plugins if you have any suggestions at all. Thanks for the help so far!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events