Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a new custom field "Date from to"

Dominik Pertl December 17, 2020

Hi guys,

i want to add a new custom field on JSD with a date option "from - to". I have solved it with 2 field's. One with a date from and another field with date to.

Any other ideas to solve it?

Kind regards

Dominik

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2020

Hi Dominik,

the question has been discussed some years ago here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-do-a-custom-field-date-range/qaq-p/375532

To me knowledge the status in unchanged - you cannot have a custom field of type "date range".

Probably you can support your processes/ideas with a calendar of some sort but I believe you won't achieve a goal without creating the custom fields in the way and amount you already mentioned.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2020

Hi, @Dominik Pertl !

Welcome to the Community!

In my opinion, this is normal solution with two date-fields, for example, "Planned start date" and "Planned end date". 

These are different fields - so you can use separately,  compare the "planned start date" of diffferent issues to prioritize your "backlog"(i know that JSM doesn't use this status, but the fields can be reused in other projects).

You can also export, for example, to Excel - it will be more convenient to work with different fields. 

You can also create JSM-Automation rules with these fields, for example, you can add comment when "Planned end date" is approaching.

What use case are you trying to solve?

Why are you looking for another solution?

Dominik Pertl December 18, 2020

Hi @Alexander Bondarev

thank you for your fast answer. 

I have two specific cases and a problem:

1. I have to create a field for a event. It have to say when does the event starts and when does the event ends. We need both details. Especially for the export, it would be very helpful to have 1 field and not two ore more...

2. That was a bit tricky. I have to make something for the change of the business openings. So first they have to choose the days and than the new time (one field day, one field start date and time and one end date and time = 3 fields). And now i need it double, because they want to be able to change more than one opening with one ticket... That can be very confusing for the customer.

The Problem of the second case: I have no extra "Time Field" - that would make it much easier.

To you have ideas?

Thanks a lot

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events