cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Amazon WorkMail account for Email requests in Jira Service Desk

Jonathan Bustillos
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2019

Hi everyone,

I am trying to add a helpdesk email account hosted in Amazon WorkMail to could use it at my Jira Service Desk to receive Email requests. At the option "Connect a custom email account" I fill the Mail Server field with mail.mydomian.com or mydomain.awsapps.com using each of the protocol options (IMAPS, IMAP, POP3S and POP) but I received always a message window saying Your connection was unsuccessful
Unfortunately JIRA couldn't connect to the mail server. Here is what the mail server said: "SOCKS: Host unreachable" If I am managing my Email addresses through Amazon WorkMail. Does someone knows how can I add an Amazon WorkMail Email address in Jira Service Desk to could receive Email requests please?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2019

Hi Jonathan,

If I understand your question here, you're using an Amazon WorkMail email, and are unable to make this work with Jira Cloud.  I would recommend checking out this guide: Setting Up an IMAP Client for Amazon WorkMail 

It explains that you can use IMAPS over port 993 to connect here.  However the address for incoming server won't be your mail.example.com domain, but instead it explains that there are different addresses depending on which AWS Region where you mailbox is located.

Try the steps in that guide and see if this helps.

Please let me know the results.

Andy

Jonathan Bustillos
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 20, 2019

Thank you for your response Andy. I have added succesfully my Amazon WorkMail using the options for IMAPS as you say,

Regards

Manjunath
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 10, 2022

I see the same issue in Jira version 8.22.1 connection aws workemail.

JIRA incoming email configuration supports POP and IMAP only (not SMTP).

So, the situation is same as yours and not able to connect to IMAP. 

Always getting 'SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out' error.

Followed the aws workemail configuration document but no success.

I have tried the same configuration with online IMAP testing tool and found working.

Any solution for this ?

Thanks

Manjunath

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events