Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account verification email option in JSD server

Rajeswari Thangavel December 21, 2018

We need to enable email verification for each users who sign up in JSD. As soon as the user enters the mail id and submit, the user should receive an email to verify their account after which the user should be allowed to set password and proceed further.

This is to avoid sign up of some dummy accounts like "abc@abc.com"

Could you please let us know is there any script available to enable email verification to all sign up users?

Note : We have Scriptrunner plugin installed.

3 answers

3 votes
Shane Cebuliak July 29, 2019

I'm with @Rajeswari Thangavel , we need this.  We have "Account verification email" set so customers need to verify their email addresses (i.e. setting is disabled), however, when a customer signs-up through our portal through the self sign-up no verification email is sent to the customer and the account is created without verification.  I've tried toggling the setting and nothing seems to change that verification emails are not sent. 

Am I not understanding this setting because as I understand it, email addresses should be verified before creating/activating the account.  What is this setting for in JSD Server if it's not for that? 

Thanks, Shane

Yurii Zhatkin January 31, 2020

Hi @Shane Cebuliak  we have the same problem. Toggling the settings does not work and the account verification email is not sent. Do you know if it is a bug?
Cheers, 
Yurii

1 vote
Sebastian Wendt July 18, 2019

Got a similar Problem, where Users just have spelling errors in their mail address. 

They create an account, start a tickt, and a few days later create another account with the now correct mail.

0 votes
Carlos GR November 1, 2020

Dear all,

Did you get any news on this regard? I don't get any email verification for my customers in JSD, no matter if I toggle or not the option:

Account verification email

If enabled, account verification emails will not be sent to new customers. Customers won’t need to verify their email address or set up their account.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

Carlos GR November 1, 2020

Found the root cause. There are also options in relation to the account verification in the Jira administration section.

There, in the Jira Service Desk > Configuration subsection, you can find:

Public signup

Can project administrators enable public signup for their service desks?

Yes, project administrators can allow anyone to email the service desk or raise a request in the portalNo, customers must be added to the project or have an account on this Jira site to raise requests

Is email verification required for signup?

( x )Yes, customers should verify their emailsNo, customers can just sign up

Voilà!

Sebastian Wendt November 19, 2020

So did you get any useful mail validation?

I tried it again and just got this. Bit this isn't validating anything, it's just a confirmation for the User.
image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events