Account verification email not disable

Joan Salinas February 27, 2018

We are trying to disable the Account verification email to new customers. We Tick the button but not work when you close the windows and reopen the Tick is disable again.

We don't want to send an email for each new customer request.

3 answers

0 votes
Carlo PIRASTRU September 24, 2018

Hi,

I'm facing at the same problem on my last version of JIRA (Jira v7.12.1 + JIRA Service Desk Application v3.15.1).

And I've found a kind of scenario for the bug! I can recreate the bug on my google chrome Version 69.0.3497.81 on Lunix Ubuntu.

At the beginning the flag is green:

image.png

Then if you click 3 or 4 times on the menu on the left "Customer notification" (with the page already opened) value will change in live! 

image.png

On DB 

mysql> select * from AO_54307E_CAPABILITY where CAPABILITY_NAME like 'CUSTOMER_INVITE_EMAIL_SUPPRESSED%'; 
+----------------------------------+------------------+-----+-----------------+----------+
| CAPABILITY_NAME | CAPABILITY_VALUE | ID | SERVICE_DESK_ID | USER_KEY |
+----------------------------------+------------------+-----+-----------------+----------+
| CUSTOMER_INVITE_EMAIL_SUPPRESSED | true | 122 | 3 | NULL |
| CUSTOMER_INVITE_EMAIL_SUPPRESSED | true | 123 | 3 | NULL |

On Mozilla firefox (62.0 ) I cannot recreate the bug with the same scenario.

That's it. I hope you'll fix it! Thanks

Carlo

0 votes
Henri Virtanen! March 22, 2018

Hi,

we have this same problem (running Server JIRA Service Desk 3.11.0), but it only happens in one project. In another project I was able to disable the verification emails, but in our latest project we cannot disable those. The tick returns always to gray, sometimes when refreshing the menu after enabling the setting, it vanishes totally.

I have tried to change the customer permissions for that project, but it didn't help.

Phung M April 19, 2018

Hi  I'm experiencing the same problem. There is a workaround provided in bug 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5713

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2018

Hi Juan,

I was not able to recreate this problem.  I believe this is a relatively new feature to Service Desk, but I have not found any bugs yet reported about this.  I suspect there is something different about your environment that might be causing this.

To better investigate this, I created a support request for this issue on https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/SDS-31007

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events