Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessibility of Customer Portal to Foreign Users

Cameron Wiley November 4, 2020

Hello,

We would like our customer portal to be accessible for our international customers. We currently have French, German, Polish, and Spanish all enabled in Jira Service Desk (in addition to English). The status is "up to date" and each "visible to customers" checkbox is checked off. What I am still unclear on is whether this feature is more for us as admins to be able to read our customers' tickets, or is it for the customer to be able to read our service portal in their respective language? The latter is what we need most, but if it works both ways that would be even better. 

I have been trying to emulate the experience of a foreign user by changing the language of my default browser (Chrome) to French and accessing the portal - however, it still appears in English. I am fairly certain this is due to some other hardwired settings on my computer that are unable to be changed, but I just want to be sure. Ideally I would reach out to someone who lives internationally to see if it is working as intended, but I have no such access at the moment.

Many thanks in advance. 

Cameron

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2020

Hello Cameron,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When we add different languages to the customer portal, customers will be able to see the information in one of the languages once they change the language on their profile (Profile picture > Profile > Language). 

When it comes to the login page, the language is based on the system's default language. 

It was actually reported as a bug because the system language overrides the browser language and the language set by the customer. 

And also, there is a feature request:

So, if you change the system language (Cog icon > System > General configuration > Default language) to Spanish, German, French, for example, customers will see the login page with one of those languages, despite their browser language is in English. 

Regards,
Angélica

Cameron Wiley November 5, 2020

Hi Angelica,

Thank you for the thorough response - I think that's all the information I needed. Much appreciated!

Cameron 

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events