Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access management for multiple organizations and multiple Service Management projects

Jonas Christensen April 29, 2021

We have set up two separate Service Management projects (let's call them SupportDeskProject1 and SupportDeskProject2) and we have several users and customers registered in SupportDeskProject1. The customers belong to organizations, at this point one customer only belongs to one organization.

We set organization for each incident registered so that a customer from one organization should only be able to see incidents shared with their organization.

When logging in to the Service Desk Portal of SupportDeskProject1 with a user belonging to an organization having registered several incidents, in the status column dropdown I can see

• The statuses available for "SupportDeskProject1" are available as a selectable options in the list
  • "SupportDeskProject1" is available as a selectable option in the list
  • "SupportDeskProject2" is available as a selectable option in the list
  • The statuses available for "SupportDeskProject2" are available as a selectable options in the list
  • Options in the drop down for Request types are also displayed in a similar manner (i.e. "SupportDeskProject2" and its statuses are available as selectable options in that list)

1. How can we ensure customers only have access to incidents registered and shared with their organization?
  2. Why does "SupportDeskProject2" appear as a selectable item in the list?
  3. How can we remove "SupportDeskProject2" from being a selectable item in the list?

The user I log in with is only registered as a customer, it is not my own admin user.

1 answer

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi @Jonas Christensen ,

You have to make sure that the customer permissions are set, so that only the customers, that are added to the project are allowed.

Then make sure they are not added as customers to project 2. Then they should not be able to see that project in Help Center.

In the customer permissions you can also set with whom a request can be shared.

Jonas Christensen April 30, 2021

Hi, @Bastian Stehmann  

I know how I can see which customers have access, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "only the customers, that are added to the project are allowed"?

When choose "Customers" from the menu of "SupportDeskProject2" that all users and customers are listed as customers in this project, even if I haven't added a single access change since creating the project. Is that how it is supposed to work?

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

In the project configuration there is a setting for the customer permissions. There you must set it so that only added customer are allowed.

Then you have to check the customer section in the project. If there are still all customers and users listed, you have to remove them. But usually there should be only a few customer left after setting the customer permissions. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events