AQL - Placeholder for multi-value field

Lukas I June 5, 2023

Hello, 

I need help with the following, and maybe I'm going at this the wrong way? (In that case, please help me see my error of ways). I'm working in Insight in Jira Datacenter.

I have two related objectTypes - "Functions" and "SubFunctions", with the latter being a sub-object of "Functions", e.g.:
Function A has two SubFunctions A1 and A2
Function B has two SubFunctions B1 and B2

In another object I have two custom fields "Fx" and "SubFx", where a user would select one value for the field Fx and then can only select the linked subfunctions in the field SubFx (e.g. the user selects "A" and then can only select "A1" and/or "A2")

So far I got that working with this filter for the SubFx field: 
object having inboundReferences(Name = ${Fx})

HOWEVER

I would like the user to be able to select multiple values for the Fx field and then be able to select all linked subfunctions (e.g. the user selects "A" and "B" and then is able to select "A1", "A2", "B1" and/or "B2" in the subfunctions field) - ist that possible? 

I've tried the code object having inboundReferences(Name = ${Fx${0}}), but as soon as I select two or more values in Fx I get an error message when I try to select the SubFx values.

I tried to follow the documentation (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/use-placeholders-to-replace-information-depending-on-context/) on using placeholders with multivalue fields, but I didn't get it to work.

Thanks in advance!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events