Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API not working with free account

Jacob Vig October 22, 2020

I am working on creating an integration for my company to have a hub to see bugs for non developers to track the progress. I am trying to use a free account to test and write out the API but I am receiving error messages about not having the correct permissions for calls, and I am not able to see any of the projects. Does anyone know if you can use the API to do this with the free account or will I need to work with the purchased accounts we have? 

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2020

Hi @Jacob Vig,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The most of the Jira Core, Software and Service Desk REST API endpoints can be called on free accounts without any problem. The only impacted ones are the one related to permissions since those are not available for free plans:

If you need to call one of those endpoints (related to permissions), or if you want to make sure all the endpoints are available with no limitations, then you might want to get a free dev instance as explained in: 

Otherwise, if  you feel like something is not working properly, please provide more details on the endpoint(s) you are trying to call and the authentication method used.

Cheers,
Dario

Keith Waldorf June 19, 2023

Dario, we found the issue was that Postman was not inheriting the Bearer token into our API calls. We found this when you prompted us to look at the Curl code. The strange thing was the gets were working in issues even with this issue. 

So, please consider this issue as resolved. We are now able to write to the Issue->Comments.

Thanks,

Keith

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events