Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

403 Error on Jira

Jimmy Kim August 9, 2021

Seems like there is a 403 error on Jira Software...

What can my team do to solve this problem?

403.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2021

Hello @Jimmy Kim ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You mention you have a problem with Jira Software but from the provided screenshot I can see you get the error while accessing an issue from the customers portal, and therefore I am moving this thread to the Jira Service Management collection.

Once this has been said, I can see that indeed your Jira Service Management subscription has been suspended since the 3rd of August and that would explain why you cannot access the url from the provided screenshot.

Please notice you have received an email on the 3rd of August with below information:

• You've been unsubscribed from trial of Jira Service Management. From Aug 18, 2021, these products and apps will be deleted, and your data will be deleted. Submitting payment once your Product data has been deleted will not reactivate your subscription (or restore your Product data). Contact us if you'd like a copy of your data before it's deleted.

I am now getting in touch with our CA department to look into this and to make sure you won't loose your data by the 18th of August (you only have 3 users so it is possible to transition to a free JSM license. I am not sure if you had more than 3 service desk agents before and this is what prevented the transition, or if anything else happened). 

However, if you want to be 100% sure everything will go fine, you can also create a support request by yourself by going to https://support.atlassian.com/contact and choose "Billing Payments and Pricing" from the menu:

Contact-Support.jpg

Cheers,
Dario

Jimmy Kim August 12, 2021

Hello Dario,

Thank you for your kind response.

There was a person who was on charge of this Jira Software before me.

However, she left our company and I was the successor for the system.

Therefore, I did not receive any email on August 3rd (I think the email went to the other person's email).

Additionally, yes I accidentally added 5 people to the system and that might be why the subscription has been suspended.

What should I do to cancel the suspension? I already removed 2 people from the list to make it 3 users. What else do I have to do in order to reactivate our customer portal?

Thank you so much for the support!

Cheers,

Jimmy

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Kim ,

I asked the billing team to look into this and they should have already reactivated JSM for you:

I've un-suspended JSM, so they should now be able to transition JSM to the free plan. Its not giving us the option, but the customer should be able to now within their cloud site now that its not suspended.

JSM was suspended because it was on a standard trial (rather than the free plan) to start with, and without a card configured, it suspended due to nonpayment [...]

Now, in order to proceed:

1. You have to switch JSM to a free plan. You can do so from admin.atlassian.com (choose the right site if you have more than one) by going to Products -> Manage Subscriptions and click on Change to select the Free Plan (it should be on standard/evaluation now). See below screenshot for details:
    change-plan.jpg

2. If you don't have access to the email configured as the main technical and billing contact for your site, you should change this asap. For more details please see the "Manage your bill for standard and premium plans" page. If you have no way to change it yourself, you can open a support request with our billing department as explained in my previous reply.

Finally, I'd like to mention that you can actually have up to 10 Jira Software users with a free plan, but only up to 3 Service Desk Agents. For more details on this please review: What users and roles are there in Jira Service Management?

Have a nice weekend!

Dario

0 votes
Ana Barreto January 17, 2023

Estou com o mesmo problema reportado acima. Não sou fluente em inglês e estou com dificuldades em retomar o acesso dos clientes a página desenvolvida. Já estou com o plano Standart e já reduzi o número de usuários. •

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events