Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

1 Issue/Ticket = 1 Email? No Threading?

In JIRA Service Desk, there is no threading of an email conversation? All email that goes in even they are of the same thread creates a new Issue/Ticket#? Any way this can be configured?

1 answer

0 votes

@AA_PH Hi,

can you share more details on your question? what features you have used for automation? 

I was exploring my "service desk" project and saw a few tickets in but looking through 5 issues, realized these are just thread of a conversation.

In other tools, these would have not been given separate tickets but rather just 1 ticket. (of course a threshold is placed as to up to how long it will thread)

Seems here in JIRA service desk, each email response to a thread becomes a new ticket.

@AA_PH do you raise tickets through email? or self service, what is your procedure for raising tickets in JSD

Sample I am referring to right now is email.

Daniel Ebers Community Leader Oct 11, 2020

Hi!
So far I understood the reply to an email is creating a new ticket in your Service Desk project instead of commenting the existing one where the reply basically belongs to.

Mail Handler honours threads, a discussion in JAC suggests there have been bugs on this in the past but they are resolved.
In case it doesn't work for your Jira Service Desk you could reach out to support to clarify.

Another thing that came to my mind is if the sender if specifically sending the ticket number in subject. This normally ensures that no additional tickets are created (more reliably compared to the mail thread information from headers).

Please check and in case something was not understood correctly maybe a different member of Community is able to catch up.

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi,

We have the same problem. Emails are being created as a new emails instead of being in just 1 thread.

Sample:

Customer sent an email > Customer Support responded via Jira Service Desk > *responded email by the customer support will be created to the customer email*

How to configure this?

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events