The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community!

This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Paul Buffington and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM".

SMT-2768 ITSM WP Email (1).png

Whether you’re just getting started with Atlassian’s ITSM solution – or looking for best practices and tips for implementing ITSM – look no further. Check out our ultimate guide to Atlassian for ITSM.

Yes, you heard that right… ultimate. This guide covers everything you need to know about implementing Atlassian across IT delivery, operations, and support – powered by Jira Service Desk and seamlessly integrated with Opsgenie, Confluence, Jira Software, and much more.

Along the way, learn best practices to reimagine your ITSM practices from requests and change to problem and incident management.

Want a sneak peek of what you'll learn? 

• How to “Shift Left” with self-service and build a knowledge-centric service desk
  • How to respond, resolve, and learn from incidents with a proactive playbook and PIRs
  • How to streamline change management with pre-approvals, automated risk assessment, and peer reviews
  • How to easily intake and collaborate on requests from business teams
  • How to expand your ITSM solution to non-IT use cases like HR and Legal

Download the guide today! https://www.atlassian.com/whitepapers/complete-guide-itsm

We'd love to hear what you think! Browsed the guide, and have questions for us? Ask us here!

16 comments

Vinícius Ferrão May 19, 2020

Download link is unavailable

Teresa Fok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2020

@Vinícius Ferrão The paper is available on this link: https://www.atlassian.com/whitepapers/complete-guide-itsm

Let us know if you're still having trouble! 

Vinícius Ferrão May 21, 2020

@Teresa Fok this link is the same on the original post. It’s not there. There’s only a promotional page about the guide, but no guide.

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 17.43.11.png

Teresa Fok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2020

@Vinícius Ferrão Got it, you should see a form on the top right-hand side. Try clearing your cache and cookies, or use a different browser. Sometimes we see this error in Firefox. 

Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2020

Thank you @Teresa Fok , very well put together information. I really like the checklists and tips on each topic.

Like Teresa Fok likes this
Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2020

I want to download it but I cannot give out my work email and I get an error message not accepting live.com accounts; This is not acceptable since I do run my own service desk and purchase licenses from Atlassian.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2020

@Carla Ann Rowland - have an outlook.com email? You should be able to add an outlook.com email address as an alias for your live.com one, then hopefully be able to request the whitepaper then?

LEE LAI SHENG September 10, 2020

Hi, I register for the guide but never get the email. Thank you.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2020

Not managed to read the whole thing yet, but really comprehensive and helpful guide - thanks for taking the time to create.

Like # people like this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2020

@Teresa Fok I registered and didnt receive the email 

Like LEE LAI SHENG likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2020

@Teresa Fok I couldnt get the doc yet. Could you please verify if its working? 

Teresa Fok
Atlassian Team
October 8, 2020

@Patricia Francezi @LEE LAI SHENG Thanks for your interest in the guide! Are you still have issues with the download? Let me know, and I'll look into it.  

Vishwanath Yemula October 12, 2020

I did not receive the link on my email either.. @Teresa Fok can you please check if it has been sent from your end.

PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2020

Well - it is a pleasure to see this guide. Morover after my contractor's collaboration with Mindville and 2-3 discussions on ITSM we have had with @Paul Buffington over then on Change Mgmt, working with variables etc.

I can finally see Atlassian's investment in ITSM (well it took a while since I was migrating IBM Maximo based processes to Jira and Ralph Asset Management back in 2011-2013).

Pros about the guide:
- Devops Reference
- Lightweight, practical approach

Cons:
- Still not enough on non-operational processes: Portfolio, Catalog, Service Level, Suppliers, Availability, Capacity, Continuity  etc. etc.

Which is a great surprise, considering potential here (monitoring and reaction automation, cross-tools integrations and automations) which is... Devops way of working. :-)

Like # people like this
Teresa Fok
Atlassian Team
October 26, 2020

@PJ Wysota Thanks for checking out the guide, and the helpful feedback on additional topics we can include. We'll definitely consider them for the next edition! 

Scott Hirst March 7, 2023

Hi, is there a PMC link for this collateral? Something that includes more items, such as emails, social media banners, etc?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events