Service level agreements get a facelift

Cloud SLAs have undergone a complete UI overhaul!

We've been busy building a lot of new features in the past month and we’ve also managed to squeeze in a treat for our admins. That's right! We've changed the service level agreements (SLAs) settings page.

If you're reading this and don't know what I'm talking about, here is a screenshot of the old SLA settings page.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 6.04.13 pm.png

Assuming you already familiar with the old page, let's go over what's new.

SLA collapsed view

We’ve fully reworked this view and it’s now easier to keep track of various SLAs.

On the top right, you’ll see two buttons to add SLAs or interact with calendars. Below that, you’ll see a description of what SLAs do in general and a list of your existing SLA settings.

This list includes one line item per SLA, specifying its name with buttons to edit, delete or expand each SLA.

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 2.13.30 pm.png

SLA expanded view

If you want to drill down into any one of your configured SLAs, just click the chevron to the right to get an expanded view. Goals can be seen up top ordered based on their assessment. The start/pause/stop conditions can be seen below goals and they inform you when the timer starts ticking, what pauses it and when it stops.

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 2.13.55 pm.png

SLA edit view

Editing SLAs is now a whole new experience. Add new goals and conditions by clicking on the "+" icon and filling in the goal details or selecting the condition for the timer.
Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 2.14.30 pm.png

To set up timer conditions, press the "+" icon in the Conditions section while in edit mode and select a value from the dropdown.

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 2.15.02 pm.png

Calendars collapsed view

Moving forward, Calendars have a collapsed view which you can see by clicking on the calendar icon next to Add SLA in the top-right of the screen. Similar to SLAs, calendar entries are listed with their names and view/edit/delete controls.
Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 2.15.23 pm.png

Calendars expanded view

As with SLAs, calendars have an expanded view which will give you a complete perspective on how they are set up.
Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 2.15.41 pm.png

Calendars edit view

Lastly, editing calendars has been updated as well. The most notable change is the introduction of AM / PM time instead of 24hours time.
Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 2.15.59 pm.png

Looks amazing, I know! I'm thrilled that we can bring you this new user interface and make your service desk experience more delightful. 

Before we get to the end of the article, I need to mention that you won't be able to access calendars if you don't have an active SLA and calendars can't be deleted if they belong to an SLA. So, in essence, you would need to have an active SLA to interact with calendars and you would need to remove calendars from SLAs before deleting them. This makes sense in practice and ensures that you're making deliberate changes to your SLAs.

Always remember to be kind to your SLAs as changing metrics will recalculate the SLAs associated with them. This is a costly task depending on the volume of issues involved. This means that it’s always best to make sure you have a good idea of what the SLA should look like before you start setting it up.

Let us know what you think about this new experience. Feel free to leave your questions, if any, in the comments section below!

30 comments

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2020

Perhaps I missed it but would this be for Cloud, Server or both?

Like # people like this
Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2020

@Dirk Ronsmans good catch. It's only for Cloud. I updated the text and tags. Thank you!

Like # people like this
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2020

One of the things that was 100% clear starting from Jira Service Desk 1.0 was the SLA administration itself ... Good to see the focus is still on improving the UI.

Like # people like this
Pablo Scheveloff September 18, 2020

Hi @Radu ,

New UI is looking good, well done!

Besides that, I'm wondering when it will be available "import calendar" feature (as it's already for Server) as it's terribly annoying to add each holiday one by one.

Hope this feature becomes available soon on Cloud, as I believe is really essential.

Thanks in advance!

Like # people like this
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2020

great thank you. Does these features will be rolled out for DC/Server?

Like Stuart Capel - London likes this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2020

I agree that an import calendar feature would be great!

Like # people like this
Louis Depassemar October 6, 2020

Dear Atlassian Staff, 

Great re-model. 

My clients are demanding a lot of SLA's based on the life cycle of a ticket and it's not really an option for now. I can setup an SLA with no target time however if so it won't display on issues. It does calculate the life cycle correctly in the report widget however. 

What I could do would be to set the goal at 1h but if so the SLA will always display as breached. Do you think you could implement a way to make the goal endless and this way we could display life cycle efficiently ? 
Best, 

Marcos Ribeiro Pereira Coelho October 14, 2020

Hi. Before, every time I added a new holiday after the holiday day, an information would appear saying that the SLA's will be recalculated. 

In this new "system", that information doesn't appear and I'm seeing that the SLA's in some tickets were not recalculated.

Did something changed regarding this?

Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2020

@Marcos Ribeiro Pereira Coelho we haven't made changes behind the scenes. it's just a face lift ( User Interface) change. I recommend raising a Support ticket and having someone help you out and investigate the complete setup you have before providing an answer in your case.

Cheers!

Radu
Atlassian Team
October 14, 2020

@Louis Depassemar I think you're looking for a functionality that displays current time in status without having a service level agreement tied to it. I think the SLA feature wasn't intended to be used like this.
You can submit a suggestion in jira.atlassian.com and our product managers will get back to you.

Hope that helps.

Radu

Like Louis Depassemar likes this
Radu
Atlassian Team
October 14, 2020

@M Amine I am unable to help you out on timelines for DC/Server however I recommend raising a ticket in jira.atlassian.com with a server suggestion and our product team will reply.

Cheers!

Radu

sam.nicholson October 21, 2020

@Radu 

We really need the holiday import feature back, having to manually add in all of 2021's public holidays when it used to be something that we could do with three clicks is not a positive change!

Best

SN

Radu
Atlassian Team
October 21, 2020

@sam.nicholson , @Liam Green , @Pablo Scheveloff  Thanks for your comments. I've shared that internally.
Could I get you to vote for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-2495 and add your interest?

Thank you,

Radu

Like # people like this
Sergei November 12, 2020

The calendar is good. The addition of a holiday interval is missing (e.g. New Years holidays January 1-10). It is not possible to add a working day on Saturday with a five-day work week.

Like Radu likes this
Steven Schouppe November 12, 2020

Nice improvement.

Radu
Atlassian Team
November 12, 2020

@Sergei thanks for the feedback. I think both things sound like new functionality you're asking for.

First would be holiday intervals instead of doing things 1 by 1.

The second would be adding one-off workdays to 5day/week schedules. Think this second ask needs more unpacking as it's not clear what you'd expect in terms of SLA reporting and how it would impact SLAs across all the teams.

For both, could you log suggestion tickets on our customer facing instance?

https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Thank you!

Will Hernandez November 19, 2020

If my TIME GOAL is more than 24h, I should be able to use  1d 24h 60m format. 

Kimberley Williams November 25, 2020

I have added different SLAs in my project but on an issue ALL the SLAs I have added are showing up within the issue.

sanjay March 4, 2021

Simplest way to configure !

Nour Durra Nagarro June 21, 2021

@Radu is there a way to reset the SLA in case the issue enters a certain status? 

Radu
Atlassian Team
July 29, 2021

@Nour Durra Nagarro there is no conditions between Start / Pause / End that would cater to reseting the time elapsed. You could make the status you want an End state status and then use automation to automatically change the status, that could reset your status I think.

Leodith Tenorio January 6, 2022

This is great enhancement to SLA feature.  Would love to see more!

Any chance we can get ticket history when responding or adding participants on tickets? Also, merging duplicate tickets feature?

Thanks

Erick Miranda Márquez January 13, 2022

Awesome! Goals and managing calendars are one of the best features you implemented. Great work.

Will Robards July 8, 2022

So the old calendar could import Holiday Calendars. How do we do this in the new system please?

Peter Mazur July 16, 2022

Hi there,

Is there a way to have a set of SLA's for a specific customers or maybe a Priority Customers?

Like Daniel Huerta likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events