New analyst report on Enterprise Service Management

Hi Atlassian Community! I'm a member of the Jira Service Desk team.

We know that sometimes our customers look to firms like Forrester for their expertise on vendors and trends in IT. That's why we're excited to share that we've been named a strong performer and the highest ranked vendor in the strategy category in Forrester's analyst report on ESM (Enterprise Service Management). We've written about our approach to ESM and the future of service on our blog

Just as we do at Atlassian, the majority of Jira Service Desk customers use the product for purposes beyond IT-- everything from facilities management, to HR, to marketing. We're always interested in learning more about the ways teams are using Jira Service Desk.

Does your team use Jira Service Desk outside of IT? We always love to hear about unique use cases. 

5 comments

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2018

@Blythe Ebersole, congratulations to everyone at Atlassian for this well deserved recognition. In fact we use JSD for IT, staffing, facilities and some purchasing. Ideally we would move to incorporate our external customers but the users seemed failrly ingrained in another tool at the moment.

Blythe Ebersole
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2018

Thanks @Jack Brickey

Colin Helke
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2018

@Blythe Ebersole, Congrats on the recognition. Atlassian deserves it.

Before I explain some of the unique cases, here is a little backgroud into what Inclusa does. Inclusa is a managed care organization that supports over 15,500 Family Care members across its 51-county service region in Wisconsin. We help members connect to the resources they need to lead fulfilling lives in their communities.

We started using JSD in January for IT. Throughout the past year, we have gained 10 service desk from different departments. These range from HR and Facilities to our Care Management Support team or Administrative Support team. 

Most of the departments/teams that went to JSD were using a shared mailbox to manage requests coming in. One of these departments was taking in 500 requests per day and color coding them in outlook for people to work on. When they went to JSD, we set it up to auto assign in a round robin fashion. They then had clear assignments and queues that everyone could work out of. Everything else like reporting and SLAs were icing on the cake for these teams as just having the option to assign someone to request was 100 times better than a shared mailbox.

We have many use cases like the one above. Please let me know if you would like to hear more but they all involve teams that use shared mailboxes to take in some sort of request and either put it in a folder for someone to do or color code it. Moving these teams to JSD has made everyone's lives easier. 

Blythe Ebersole
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2018

@Colin Helke thanks! This is a great story and the team enjoyed reading about it. The transition from email inbox chaos to order through a service desk is something we're interested in learning more about. If you're willing, I'll reach out to hear more about your experience. 

Colin Helke
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2018

@Blythe Ebersole That's great to hear from the team. I would be happy to talk. You can reach me at Colin.Helke@inclusa.org. I look forward to talking with you.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events