Jira Service Desk Server and Data Center support on mobile (Beta)

Hi Community!

My name is Charlie and I’m a product manager on the Jira Service Desk Server and Data Center team. I’m excited to announce that we have officially started the Beta program for JSD support in the Jira Server mobile app.

What’s in there?

We’ll continue to add further Jira Service Desk functionality over the coming months, but you can already test these features:

• Viewing Jira Service Desk projects and requests

• Commenting internally and externally

• Notifications about request updates

• Working on requests

• Viewing SLAs and planning which tasks need to be resolved first

Do I need to download a new app?

Jira Service Desk is using the same iOS and Android apps as Jira Core and Jira Software, so you don’t need to get a new one if you’re already on the latest version of Jira on mobile. You will need to, however, update the Mobile Plugin for Jira, unless you’re already on Jira Service Desk 4.12.2, which includes it out of the box.

I’m sold. Where do I sign up?

The Beta program is available for everyone, so no need to sign up anywhere. Right now, the JSD features are hidden behind a dark feature so your Jira admin will need to enable it to give you access. 

jsd-mobile-marketing.jpg

Get more info…

Head on to our documentation for all the info you need—including the details about the app, how to enable the JSD access, and any other requirements.

…and leave us some feedback!

As always, we’re waiting for any and all feedback, so we can make the app even better. You can give feedback by shaking your device with the app open, and if you have any questions, feel free to post them here. We’ll get our best people to answer them.

Charlie, JSD team

16 comments

Jan-Peter Rusch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2020

Finally a big THX!

We've been waiting for this for nearly two years & can now progress on supporting our internal technical support team with JSD. Queue support still missing, but the JSD issues can be displayed in a (Kanban-) board, what helps us for now. Push notifications are working, as is transitioning an issue. Even with no transition screen configured, I still get a blank panel when transitioning.

Great first step, waiting for the upcoming features!

Keep up the amazing work you do at Atlassian.

JP

Like # people like this
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2020

Thank you Atlassian for this. It is great to see some progress on this.

One thing we have noticed in the Jira Server Mobile app is that it fails to render Jira wiki markup / text formatting in the description field and custom fields.

This unfortunate for Jira service desk, as incoming emails can be converted into Jira wiki markup by the JSD mail handler.

Are there plans to support Jira wiki markup in the Jira Server mobile app?

Like Charlie Marriott likes this
Pedro Fonseca September 30, 2020

Hi all,

This is great news and looking forward to test it.

I am having a bit of an issue, because I am trying to get the Mobile Plugin for Jira version 3.1.0, as mentioned in this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/jira-server-mobile-app-1026523326.html and the one I get is only version 2.0.0.

In fact when attempting to find the version in Marketplace, it shows a completely different version number.

If anyone can assist with this, would be much appreciated.

Pedro

Logan Brown September 30, 2020

This is a great announcement, thank you for adding this! 👏

How will this look from a customer perspective? Our biggest use case is our internal users/customers needing to log tickets and follow the status on their mobile devices. Will this be possible using the Jira pp or are these improvements only focused on the Agents?

MobilityStream
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2020

@Logan Brown , if you are willing to look at 3rd Party Add-ons, you should check out Mobility for Jira on the Atlassian Marketplace.

It includes two apps: (1) Team - for Jira and Jira Service Desk agents, (2) Portal - for Jira Client Service Desk Portal users. It all comes in one package and includes push notifications and supports a variety of other 3rd party add-ons (for example Insight, Elements Connect, Refined (in beta), etc).

Both apps have been out for several years and are fairly mature, in particular if you have more complex use cases and requirements. Drawback is that it is a paid add-on.

Best, 

The Mobility Team

Charlie Marriott
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2020

Thanks for your feedback @Jan-Peter Rusch

We're actively working on queue functionality - feel free to leave any comments, watch and vote on our public ticket for queues: JSDSERVER-7016

Regarding the transition screen, good catch! This is a known bug that we're working on fixing in an upcoming version, here's the public bug you can follow the progress of: JSDSERVER-7014

Do let us know if you come across any other bugs, thanks for giving the Beta a go!

Charlie

Charlie Marriott
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2020

Hi @Pedro Fonseca ,

Sorry to hear that you had an issue accessing Mobile Plugin for Jira 3.1.0. This has now been resolved and the latest version is available on the Atlassian Marketplace listing for Server and DC.

Please let me know if you run into any further problems,

Charlie

Brianna Pasko September 30, 2020

Hello!

I was so excited when I found out that we will now be able to use the Jira app for JSD. This has been something our team has been asking about for awhile now. We have a Field Service team that is out working on IT issues in the offices and the ability for them to get notified of new requests that come in or allow them to quickly create a new case on their phone while they are onsite is going to be a huge help!!

The one big thing I noticed when I was testing it today was that the “customer request type” field isn’t available when creating a new issue. For service desk that field is needed if you want to open a ticket with a customer as the requestor to allow them get the customer email notifications.Thanks for sharing this Beta version with everyone, I’m sure you made a lot of people happy with this today! 

Charlie Marriott
Atlassian Team
September 30, 2020

Hi @Logan Brown,

Thank you for your question - I’m glad you’re excited about the beta release!

The JSD features within the app are primarily focused on solving the needs of Agents.

From a customer perspective the best place to access features like the help center and portal on mobile is currently through a mobile web browser. Unfortunately we don’t have plans in the short-term to add this functionality within the app, however we’re looking into improving the mobile web experience.

Would this solve your use case?

Charlie

Charlie Marriott
Atlassian Team
September 30, 2020

Hi @Brianna Pasko,

Thank you for trying out the beta release! I’m glad we made you excited with the announcement.

We’re currently working on adding the Request Type field to the app, so you should see this functionality in the short-term. We have a public ticket for this which you can track here: JSDSERVER-7019. Feel free to leave any comments, watch and vote there!

Please let me know if you run into any problems or have any further feedback to share,

Charlie

Pedro Fonseca October 1, 2020

Hi @Charlie Marriott ,

Yes, I have managed to get it to work, thanks a lot.

Although this is a breakthrough, I must say and agree with @Logan Brown that one of the big use cases for us would be the Customer side of things, not only our 'External' customers, but also our 'Internal' ones, who use JIRA Service Desk heavily and are dependent of email to create and update their requests.

Not having this possibility will continue to diminish a proper rollout to different stakeholders.

As mentioned by many other Atlassian product users, it's frustrating to see Atlassian not following such paths while at the same time your Partner's are following that path and delivering such features many with great success.

As a Product Manager for JIRA Service Desk, I think this should be one of you main points of evolution of the tool, otherwise the differences between JIRA Sofware and JIRA Service Desk will be very limited and there will be no real need to use one, instead of the other.

Customers and teams are becoming mobile and remote really fast and tools need to be ahead of this trend.

From an Atlassian products customer perspective, I really would love to see this more and more available, even for Server products.

Anyway, thanks for these improvements.

Thanks,

Pedro

Logan Brown October 1, 2020

Thanks for the info @Charlie Marriott. Unfortunately, our use case requires our customers/employees to access only on the network. We cannot provide access in mobile web but only through "per-app VPN" in our mobile device management platform.

Charlie Marriott
Atlassian Team
October 7, 2020

Hi @Pedro Fonseca

Thanks for your message I really appreciate your feedback.

As mentioned to Logan, the best place to access features like the help center and portal on mobile is currently through a mobile web browser. We’re looking into improving the mobile web experience in the near future.

I’ve created this public ticket for accessing the Customer Portal on a native mobile app: JSDSERVER-7026. Feel free to leave further details about your requirements, watch and vote there. We look at these tickets regularly to help gauge customer interest in various requests.

I hope your agents have had the chance to use the beta functionality in the app!

Charlie

Charlie Marriott
Atlassian Team
October 7, 2020

Hi @Sam Hall,

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll look into this with the team - can understand that this would be a bit frustrating and make consuming information in the request a less easy!

We’ve created a public bug for you to track progress on this one: JSDSERVER-7025

Please let me know if you have any further feedback,

Charlie

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2020

thank you @Charlie Marriott for the info.

Charlie Marriott
Atlassian Team
February 4, 2021

Hi everyone,

This is Charlie from the Jira Service Management team. I'm pleased to let you know that we have released support for Jira Service Management (JSM) in our Jira Server mobile apps (Android & iOS) as part of the Jira Service Management 4.15 release.

You’ll need to install the latest version of the Mobile Plugin for Jira from Atlassian Marketplace, or upgrade to Jira Service Management 4.15 or later, which includes the plugin out of the box.

We will continue to add further JSM functionality to the apps over the coming months.

Kind regards,

Charlie

Jira Service Management, Server & Data Center

Like Mahima_miniOrange_SSO likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events