JSM webinar: 5 reasons to upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium

hi, everyone! 

Thanks for joining this week's webinar!, "5 reasons to upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium". 

Here are the resources we mentioned, and the top questions with answers that were asked.

As a reminder, you can try Premium any time, free for 30 days via the link inside your admin portal. 

Resources

Common questions and answers from the webinar

Does Insight integrate with device management platforms such as Jamf, Intune, etc.?

There is an integration (for DataCenter) with Jamf, https://documentation.mindville.com/display/IJAMFI/Insight+Jamf+Integration+1.1 and we’re working to create Cloud integrations now.

Is Premium available for all platforms (cloud, DC, server)

Premium is a Cloud plan only. But Insight is available for DC. It’s been added to JSM DC 4.15 and if you use 4.14 or earlier, you can still use the App from the Atlassian marketplace.

How many objects can I have in Insight?

400k objects. But performance in general depends on the number of actual objects, object types and the number of attributes you have for each object.

What are the differences between the Cloud Version and DataCenter?

You can see the full breakdown here

Does Insight cloud support discovery?

Yes, it does. You can download Insight Discovery from the Marketplace. Currently, you need to manually run the synchronization between the Discovery file and Insight Cloud. But we're working on automating this. 

10 comments

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

Thanks @Shaun Pinney!  I'm looking forward to the webinar!

Like # people like this
Shaun Pinney
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2021

great @Jimmy Seddon , if you have any questions up front, post them here and we will try to answer them during the webinar!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

Really looking forward to this!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2021

Actually @Shaun Pinney I do have a question.  We already have JSM premium and I've been asked to look into Insight/Asset Management.  I've started reading through the getting started documentation, but where should I go for more information about Asset Management with Insight? And, are there going to be any getting started webinars on that topic in the near future?

Thanks!

Like Shaun Pinney likes this
levelupedtech April 14, 2021

Can Insight Discovery be used as a standalone product? I don't have JSM Premium.

Shaun Pinney
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2021

hi, Levelupedtech, Insight asset & configuration management has been added to Jira Service Management Premium. There are a couple of different versions available to you depending on whether you are using JSM Premium Cloud, Server, or Data Center. This page is a good place to learn more: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-the-differences-between-insight-in-cloud-and-server/

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Michael Aglas April 15, 2021

the link seems not to work, does it? I get a 404 error

Shaun Pinney
Atlassian Team
April 15, 2021
Like Michael Aglas likes this
Michael Aglas April 19, 2021

Can I restrict who can access Assets and who can edit them?

Shaun Pinney
Atlassian Team
April 20, 2021

@Michael Aglas yes you can do both of those, control access and edit Assets

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events