JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us:

• Did they ask to start using it or did you recommend it to them?
  • How are they using JSM now?
  • What has their experience been like?

Are your business teams using JSM for high-velocity service management like the teams in this video?!

11 comments

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2021

Great article to read

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

My experience in the last year:

• Did they ask to start using it or did you recommend it to them? Sometimes A, sometimes B.
  • How are they using JSM now? With general satisfaction! 😊 Having a descriptive portal is more clear than relying on folks to create the exact type of tickets for a team to handle.
  • What has their experience been like? Queues makes sense to many operations teams I work with - and finally having the ability to SORT queues delighted the users. Glad that feature finally came to JSM Data Center (and of course exists in JSM Cloud).
Like # people like this
Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2021

Our own experience.

Recommended to our HR team..
    As a system to manage leave, expense requests and general HR queries.

Whilst we use JSM extensively to support our customers and products we started using JSM internally to manage leave and expense requests and general HR queries with our HR team who had never used JIRA before.
  • We leveraged issue security to ensure privacy with the request.
  • Configured workflows to mirror our own approval process
  • Developed a dashboard to easily show the status of all requests

We implemented it quickly and tweaked it to our own processes and our HR team love it!
Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2021

@Ash Pitt - good call on approval flows - it's one of my favorite parts of JSM. Having a process that depends on one (or more!) approvers at various issue states is easy to configure in JSM.

Like # people like this
Olimpia Estela Cáceres-Brown June 9, 2021

Our procurement staff started to use JSM, simple, nothing complicated or fancy, no automation had been applied to original workflow.  Indeed, we have a lot great ideas from creating a single portal for all projects (currently have 4) to add HR and Procurement (single purchases to manage service contracts) and adopt more automation.  Our wish list doesn't end!

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2021

I think its a really great idea to showcase how other teams use JSM - we use it for our HR and customer service team

• Did they ask to start using it or did you recommend it to them? - We recommended to both teams, and showcased how it worked for the IT team
  • How are they using JSM now? - the HR team have really flown with it, their portal is fully populated with all their ticket types and the automation is routing tickets to the relevant people saving both clicks and time
  • What has their experience been like? - they love it!  All the little features and ways of working are great for them, being able to add and amend queues is one of their favourites, as well as differentiating SLAs.  I love that they keep coming to me with ideas, and I get to research and implement them!
Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2021
  • Did they ask to start using it or did you recommend it to them? We had a little bit of both.  We recommended it to some but others wanted it after having used it as a customer.  
  • How are they using JSM now? We have units and departments that are using it for internal and external customers.  They use it to support applications and processes.  HR is a good example as they use it to support the Workday application which handles the majority of HRs work.  The rest has been converted over to service desk requests.  
  • What has their experience been like?  They love it and keep expanding what they can accomplish with the tool.  We have been working with them to improve response time and customer support by using analytical information from the tool to make better decisions as to what is needed.
Like # people like this
Andres Esteban Sabatini
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2021

Hi guys! This is our experience

HR, legal, marketing, finance amongst others have been using JSM for a while as we recommended this to them time ago.
    As a system to manage a lot of request, having those followed up and connecting different areas by watching some tickets (for example, a new team memeber joining a Dev team has its onboarding managed between HR team and Dev manager)
    JSM has become the tool-to-go for them and as they gained more practice they feel really comfortable with it.  It's difficult for them to think not using JSM now at all!
Like Bridget likes this
Iain McCarthy June 17, 2021

@Molly Bronstein great questions, thanks!

Did they ask to start using it or did you recommend it to them?

We recommended these teams (HR, Marketing, Customer Success, Legal, Finance) use JSM (their first exposure to Jira, for the most part) primarily because of the portal and the ease of access for non-technical staff. Previously they were using an array of systems for tracking work, including Salesforce and Trello.

How are they using JSM now?

JSM is for our service teams to support staff requests and manage their internal workloads, for now (no exernal portal access to customers). 

For the most part, because we are centered on Kanban, we have to provide JSW projects as containers for these teams to be able to organize and action work on boards. For the non-tech teams, visual is a great way to work (especially for those coming from Trello).

Wish #1: we really really love the portal and want to keep using it, but the lack of board support is making this harder than it needs to be. 

What has their experience been like?

Good, for the most part, excepting the whole dual-project thing described above. We love the portal, request type based workflow management, the flexible SLAs, the queues and the recent upgrade to Automaton for Jira as the automation backbone. Senior management love that all teams are in Jira for visibility!

However, 

Wish #2: Atlassian have been great at promoting this internal helpdesk model. We loved the idea, and continue to roll it out. And... then JWM gets announced, specifically FOR these internal teams, with features they love (like the Calendar, and the TImeline) and we're left scratching our heads at  another silo'd featureset. There's 70% overlap between JSW, JSM and JWM. The 30% gaps are really, really tough to manage when teams want a bit of everything.

Is there any hope that some of these non-tech team features in JWM are going to be made available for the very non-tech teams you're trying to support through JSM? 

Our if-only team project would feature the JSM portal (with Request Types, and SLAs), JSW Classic Kanban boards allowing cross-project, cross-team issue management, and JWM friendly-ux features like the calendar, and timeline. 

A bit much, but thought I'd ask! Thank you! 

Like # people like this
Ignacio Vera June 22, 2021

Did they ask to start using it or did you recommend it to them?

The areas of HR, Legal, Marketing and Finances were already using it before I started working on the company. Due to the convenience of Atlassian products, these areas have been using it for a long time now.

How are they using JSM now?

Nowadays, more and more areas of our company are starting to use JSM. For example, IT Support has recently started to receive supplies orders trough JSM.

What has their experience been like?

As I said before, the convenience and reliability of the Atlassian products had lead to a very positive experience. And now we can't live without them! 

Like # people like this
Pushpkant Garg
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2021

I have been working as Atlassian consultant for quite a long time now. I got an opportunity to implement JSM formerly known as JSD in many organization. One of my engagement gave me the opportunity to implement JSD to one of the largest e-commerce company in the world. However, this implementation was for one country.

I recommended them to get their entire operation teams onboarded into JSD. Which includes HR, Finance, Payroll, Facilities, Vendor Management and many other teams. 

They are on DC version of Jira Service Desk (now Jira Service Management) it has been integrated with Insight for Jira, SMS App (Custom Developed). 

Their experience have been phenomenal so far. If I state an example here, They have a meeting and they want to order Tea or coffee or snacks in the meeting. They just have to drop a message. A JSM ticket will get created. Facilities Team will be notified via SMS and they assign the ticket just by replying to that message. Once everything is arranged and delivered in the meeting, assignee can close the ticket just by replying to that message. 

Tracking their employee's performance has been so easy after this implementation.

Like Ash Pitt likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events