How to use our new business templates for HR, facilities and legal teams

We’ve recently released templates for your Human Resources (HR), facilities and legal teams. 

These teams can now leverage Jira Service Desk to more easily manage tasks like employee onboarding, tracking, and maintenance requests. Legal teams can shift from manually chasing down signatures to working collaboratively with an automated digital workflow.

The templates are designed to give you (the IT team) a starting point to get these teams up and running. They are simple to use and can easily be modified to suit your team’s needs. Currently, the templates are only available in next-gen but are coming to classic projects soon. 

If you can't see the templates, visit this page to enable next-gen templates, or this page to configure the templates for classic

Let’s explore ways your business teams can use the HR, facilities and legal templates.

HR teams

Traditionally HR teams’ work process is driven by paper. By setting up your HR team with a service desk, they can work more efficiently with a digital workflow. The new HR templates provide request types for employee onboarding and offboarding, terminations and tracking changes to employee details.

HR_Onboarding_SWIFT.png

Teams can set up these common use cases and modify workflows to suit their needs. Each template comes with a request type and associated workflow that can easily be customized. With next-gen, these teams can make their own changes by updating fields and controlling what information their end-user sees, without needing to funnel every change through the IT team. 

How you can customize:

• Add dynamic fields by using one of our marketplace apps like Proforma to customize the information your templates display for the end-user. 
  • Avoid double-handling employee information by using automation for Jira to connect HR systems like Bamboo HR and Jira Service Desk. 
  • Customize the approvals request workflow so internal teams (IT, facilities, security, etc) are notified of new starters and can begin their onboarding processes.

Facilities teams

Facilities teams can provide employees with a central place to capture maintenance requests, request room bookings or organize furniture moves.

facilities@2x.png

How you can customize:

Legal teams

Streamline stakeholder management by managing all your contracts through a service desk. Easily transition through stages of the contract cycle by using the legal templates to get you started. 

Legal_SWIFT (1).png

How you can customize:

• Modify your workflow to suit how your internal legal team processes. Learn how to modify workflows in next-gen
  • Create automated approvals for easy tasks to streamline your team’s workload. Atlassian’s own legal team has a legal express lane for simple tasks that don’t require human intervention.  
  • Create a new template for another legal process by customizing the request types in Jira Service Desk project settings. 

Let’s get started!

Learn how to create an HR, facilities or legal project template in a classic or next-gen service desk. 

Note: These templates are coming to classic projects soon. We’ll keep you updated on their progress. 

Feedback

We'd love your feedback! Please comment on this article or reach out to our team. 

Need more information on how to tell if you’re in a classic or next-gen project or what are the differences between a classic and next-gen project?

11 comments

Ian Scrivens November 20, 2019

Hi, this looks great, do you know when these will be available to classic projects, and will they be available for on prem Server versions too?

Like # people like this
Carter Leffen November 21, 2019

Hi! When I attempt to create a next-gen Jira Service Desk (Cloud) project I do not have access to any of the aforementioned templates.  Can you help me out? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 11.29.58 AM.png

Jason D_Cruz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2019

Hi @Ian Scrivens , thanks for looking at the new ESM templates. The Classic version of these are in development and should be incrementally rolled out very soon. At this time, the templates will be available for JSD Cloud only.

Jason D_Cruz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2019

Hi @Carter Leffen , Thank you for trying out our new templates. Are you already a user of Jira Service Desk and recently enabled next-gen or are you trying Jira Service Desk out for the first time? 

I'm going to reach out to you via email to help you sort out the issue.

Joel December 12, 2019

Also working on prem and hoping to see this as part of that. 

Kimi Nakashima December 13, 2019

We're actually considering a move from Cloud to Server sometime in the not too distant future (< year). If I create one of these new types of projects while we are still on cloud, will I be able to move them over to Server when we transition? Or is this something I should just sit on until it rolls out for Server? 

Matt Zuba January 3, 2020

Adding my two pennies that I'd like to see this hit Server versions as well.  Being a Non-Profit, we're very reliant on using Atlassian's Server offerings to reduce our operating costs and these workflows would be a boon for us.

David Koenig January 30, 2020

Any ETA on when these new templates will make it into the server version of JSD?

Like Alfiero Santarelli likes this
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2020

@Tania Clarke are there any public case studies or examples of companies using Jira Service Desk to manage facilities requests?

Tania Clarke
Atlassian Team
July 7, 2020

Hi @James Dellow here are two that mention facilities teams:

- Appdynamics: use the facilities service desk for internal event planning, maintenance, and moving requests

- Twitter: use it for more than 100 teams, including facilities

Hope that helps!

Like James Dellow likes this
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2020

Thanks @Tania Clarke - was asking for a friend and have passed those examples on.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events